I have managed to change the name for the default user “nobody” into “_”. This
makes it more easy to see which cases that not are taken yet. I made this by a
small hack for rt 2.0.14 (see below):
<- # $RT::Nobody->LoadByName(‘Nobody’);
@users = (
-> Name => ‘_’,
<- # Name => ‘Nobody’,
RealName => ‘Nobody in particular’,
/install/rt2_14/lib/RT.pm (2 places).
#RT’s “nobody user” is a genuine database user. its ID lives here.
$Nobody = new RT::CurrentUser();
<- # $Nobody->LoadByName(‘Nobody’);
ok (require RT::TestHarness);
-> ok ($RT::Nobody->Name() eq ‘_’, “Nobody is nobody”);
<- # ok ($RT::Nobody->Name() eq ‘Nobody’, “Nobody is nobody”);
And I issued this command in mysql:
UPDATE users set name = ‘_’ where name = ‘Nobody’;
Now I have moved my installtion to another (faster machine) by installing rt
2.0.15 on it, then I used mysqldump to move the database.
Everything seems to be working perfect…
Patrick Harlin, SysAdm
Lulea University of Technology