How to display content on queue list

Hi,

Thank you in advance
when i select one queue, it display ticket list with ID, subject, status, queue, owner…
But there is no content column,
i want to check ticket quickly on ticket list, so i try to display content on queue list result.
but there isn’t content item at display columns of edit search.
how can i display content ?

RT version 4.4.1-3+deb9u3 (debian)

Hi Tejin, do you mean the comment/reply content on the ticket or a custom field? Since there can be many comment/reply transactions on a ticket there isn’t a default “content” column. You could make a column map that shows the content of the first transaction on a ticket if that is what you’re looking for

Hi knation,

thank you for your help.
i mean the comment/reply content on the ticket.
i want to display the comment/reply content of ticket on ticket list.

i mean the comment/reply content on the ticket.
i want to display the comment/reply content of ticket on ticket list.

Right, that could get weird if you have a couple of back and forths on the ticket and a lot of content, maybe just showing the most recent or the first transaction would work though

1 Like

Hi knation,

thank you.
i tried to use Format in Advanced for displaying a content instead of column map.
Is column map better than using Format in advanced ?

i tried to use Format in Advanced for displaying a content instead of column map.
Is column map better than using Format in advanced ?

Since there isn’t an existing column for what you need, you need to make a new column map to get those results

Hi knation,

thank you. i will try to set column map.

One other option if you don’t want to leave the web UI is to have a custom field called something like “First message” where on create the content of the first transaction is set as the custom field value ( You can do this by creating a new scrip Admin->Scrips ) then in your search results you can add the custom field as one of the results columns.

1 Like

Hi knation,

thank you. i solved it with column Map.

1 Like