How to change default status to Resolved when replying?

Is it possible to change default Reply status when updating a ticket to Resolved? Specifically, I would like the reply arrow icon in upper-right corner the History field (which quotes the original message) to default status to ‘Resolved’

The way we use it, we consider every ticket resolved after each admin response. Is this a Lifecycle or Scrip task?

I’m not quite sure where you’re looking for a reply arrow icon in the upper-right corner on the history page as we don’t seem to have one, but if I’m understanding you right you’re probably after a scrip that will set the status to “Resolved”. However I don’t think you can use the default “On Correspond” condition because you only want it to be triggered if the email is an outgoing reply. Right?

If so, you probably want a User-Defined scrip condition that checks that the transaction is an email and that it is going to the ticket requestor. You’ll also need a user defined action that just sets the ticket status to “Resolved” if the condition is met.

The History field I am talking about is the bottom section of a ticket, where you can reply directly to any email in that ticket history. The Reply arrow icon is in the upper-right corner of each piece of correspondence.

What I would like to have is when I start a reply from the website UI and I am taken to the Update Ticket page, the ticket status dropdown would default to “Resolved” rather than “Open (Unchanged)”. In this case the status isn’t actually changed yet, just the default status selection.

Ah, I probably don’t have an arrow because we have text for the actions (so “Reply”, etc). Just to be clear then, the actual page you want the change to appear on would be /Ticket/Update.html, changing the default status in the Ticket and Transaction section?

If that is the case you can use the Default callback on the /Elements/ShowTransaction page component to set up the URL for the /Ticket/Update.html to include an extra parameter called DefaultStatus. This can be set to resolved in the callback.

For example, if you create a directory hierarchy called /opt/rt5/local/Callbacks/DefaultResolve/Elements/ShowTransaction (assuming you’re using RT that is installed in /opt/rt5 obviously) and in that final directory you can drop in a file called Default with the following contents:

<%init>
foreach	my $thisAction (@$Actions) {
  if($thisAction->{class} eq 'reply-link') {
    $thisAction->{path} .= '&DefaultStatus=resolved';
  }
}
</%init>
<%args>
$Actions => undef
</%args>

You might then need to flush the Mason cache and reload the web server (unless you’re running in a non-caching development mode) in order to bring this Callback into life.

Thanks GreenJimll, I think we’re talking about the same thing now. Yes, I would like the ‘Ticket and Transaction’ section of ‘Update.html’ to default to ‘Resolved’ when replying.

I did as you suggested, created the directory, created ‘DefaultStatus’ file with the contents you provided, reloaded and restarted apache, cleared the Mason cache. Sadly, no change. The status still defaults to 'New (unchanged).

Ah well, that worked on my RT5 test install. You might have to have a tinker with debugging (eg put some warns in there to see when/if it is called). Hopefully get you on the right path though.

Hey, Scrips, short for scripts, are often used to automate actions in response to events (e.g., ticket updates, status changes). Look for a section in your ticketing system’s settings related to scrips, actions, or automation rules. Create a scrip that triggers when a response is made by an admin and set the desired status to Resolved.

If your ticketing system supports scripting or automation rules, you can create a script or rule that triggers when a ticket is updated to the “Resolved” status. This script can then automatically add a reply with the desired status (e.g., “Resolved”) to the ticket. Again, refer to your ticketing system’s documentation for information on scripting or automation capabilities and how to implement them.