Help with Extension::QuickUpdate

Hi,

I’m running RT 3.8.7 on Ubuntu 10.04 and trying to get the QuickUpdate extension functional. I know I’m running an old version of RT but would prefer to stay with it until I’m 100% comfortable with how everything works.

I’ve installed the QuickUpdate extension from git as I couldn’t find it on cpan.

To install I did the following

1.   Downloaded from https://github.com/bestpractical/rt-extension-quickupdate/tarball/master 

2.   Unzipped and Untared the download

3.   Followed Readme and executed as root

a. ‘RTHOME= /usr/share/request-tracker3.8 perl MakeFile.PL

b. Make install

c. Edited My RT_SiteConfig.pm to include RT::Extension::QuickUpdate (I’ve other extensions installed and running ok)

d. I wasn’t sure where the mason cache was so I backed up and cleared /var/cache/request-tracker3.8/mason_data/obj/

e. Restarted Apache service

1.   Opened a ticket summary but no Quick Update box appears 

Sorry if it’s a noobie question but where do I begin to troubleshoot this.

I can see RT::Extension::QuickUpdate v0.01; under loaded perl modules under Tools and System Configuration.

Also the following directory tree was created

/usr/local/share/request-tracker3.8/plugins/RT-Extension-QuickUpdate/html/Callbacks

/usr/local/share/request-tracker3.8/plugins/RT-Extension-QuickUpdate/html/Callbacks/QuickUpdate

/usr/local/share/request-tracker3.8/plugins/RT-Extension-QuickUpdate/html/Callbacks/QuickUpdate/Ticket

/usr/local/share/request-tracker3.8/plugins/RT-Extension-QuickUpdate/html/Callbacks/QuickUpdate/Ticket/Elements

/usr/local/share/request-tracker3.8/plugins/RT-Extension-QuickUpdate/html/Callbacks/QuickUpdate/Ticket/Elements/ShowSummary

/usr/local/share/request-tracker3.8/plugins/RT-Extension-QuickUpdate/html/Callbacks/QuickUpdate/Ticket/Elements/ShowSummary/RightColumnTop

My other extensions also have directory trees under /var/cache/request-tracker3.8/mason_data/obj/2186859745/ but RT-Extension-QuickUpdate is missing?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated guys!

Thanks,

Peter

Peter Nugent | Technical Director | +353 (0) 45-531262 | +353 (0) 45-940522
Leinster Mills | Osberstown | Naas | Co. Kildare | Ireland | mailto:peter.nugent@hetg.ie | http://www.hetg.ie

Hibernia Computer Services (KILDARE) T/A Hibernia Evros Technology Group Registered in Ireland No. 425932
Registered Office: Block G, Cherrywood Science & Technology Park, Loughlinstown, Co. Dublin

I’m running RT 3.8.7 on Ubuntu 10.04 and trying to get the QuickUpdate extension functional. I
know I’m running an old version of RT but would prefer to stay with it until I’m 100%
comfortable with how everything works.

Unfortunately, it looks like the patch that supports that extension
9ad0e628035a48ab730e47a768963841677ee61b
Only made it into a release with 3.8.8

-kevin

Ahh ok thanks for that Kevin. Out of interest is that something I could
of found out for myself?

Peter

Peter Nugent | Technical Director | +353 (0) 45-531262 | +353 (0) 45-940522
Leinster Mills | Osberstown | Naas | Co. Kildare | Ireland | mailto:peter.nugent@hetg.ie | http://www.hetg.ie

Hibernia Computer Services (KILDARE) T/A Hibernia Evros Technology Group Registered in Ireland No. 425932
Registered Office: Block G, Cherrywood Science & Technology Park, Loughlinstown, Co. DublinFrom: rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com
[mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Kevin
Falcone
Sent: 18 October 2011 07:06
To: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Help with Extension::QuickUpdate

I’m running RT 3.8.7 on Ubuntu 10.04 and trying to get the
QuickUpdate extension functional. I
know I’m running an old version of RT but would prefer to stay with
it until I’m 100%
comfortable with how everything works.

Unfortunately, it looks like the patch that supports that extension
9ad0e628035a48ab730e47a768963841677ee61b
Only made it into a release with 3.8.8

-kevin

Ahh ok thanks for that Kevin. Out of interest is that something I could
of found out for myself?

Well, I installed it on 3.8-trunk and 4.0-trunk because I was curious
if it worked in both places and sure enough, it worked for me.
I know that with this kind of extension, the problem often ends up
being ‘does the callback exist?’ so:

The thing to notice is that
Ticket/Elements/ShowSummary/RightColumnTop
requires that
Ticket/Elements/ShowSummary have a $m->callback with RightColumnTop

git blame, git log, git tag --contains and you get the version it was
introduced.

BTW, I fully expect that applying the sha I noted will go cleanly on
3.8.7 and work, but I haven’t tested that.

-kevin