Help configuring sendmail MTA

Hello,

I am struggling to get RT to send email using sendmail. I chose sendmail because that’s seems to be the default RT MTA (I had seen an error about /sbin/sendmail not being found beforehand).

I installed and configured sendmail for outgoing mail and I am able to successfully send from the command line. However, not from RT. journalctl reveals a “Service Unavailable” error.

The only difference in journalctl outputs for the two different scenarios (command line versus RT) seems to be a ctladdr=user@localhost.localdomain setting for the CL scenario which works!

Not sure how to troubleshoot further. Have scoured the mail specific RT system configurations but nothing immediately obvious stands out (and I am not sure if these configurations would override what’s in sendmail.mc!!!)?

Thanks.

Still battling with this. Ignore the earlier ctladdr stuff. Journalctl still reveals a “Service Unavailable” error. However the difference seems to be in the msgid. The one that goes through is like this: “202211230817.2AN8HVp3008610@localhost.localdomain”. Whereas the RT one is has a “rt-” prefix and a “@organisation.url.com” and doesn’t go through. There must be something that I have to change in the system configurations but I can’t seem to find it. Playing around with VERPPrefix and VERPDomain doesn’t yield much. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Personally I think Postfix is much easier to use and just works with RT as well!