FW: Query for custom fields using 'NOT LIKE' is no longer working

Apologies. I keep forgetting that replies to this list go to the sender and not to the list…From: Keith Creasy
Sent: Wednesday, September 7, 2016 5:55 PM
To: ‘Hien Ly’ hien.thai.ly@gmail.com
Subject: RE: [rt-users] Query for custom fields using ‘NOT LIKE’ is no longer working

Hi. I think I now know the problem but haven’t confirmed it yet.

We just created a new queue for requests submitted by beta testors. It’s sort of an approval queue though we are not using the built-in __approval queue, it’s just a regular queue. A “Type” custom field was created in it with different values from the existing Type field. I suspect that RT is matching the first field with the name CF.{Type} it finds. The reason is that if you use the field id CF.{11} it works.

CF.{11} NOT LIKE ‘Epic’

If this is a solution I’ll let you know but it is equally strange that “LIKE” works while “NOT LIKE” does not.

Is this a bug in RT?

Sent: Wednesday, September 7, 2016 5:24 PM
To: Keith Creasy <kcreasy@aph.orgmailto:kcreasy@aph.org>
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Query for custom fields using ‘NOT LIKE’ is no longer working

How about NOT (CF.{Type} LIKE ‘Epic’) ?

Apologies. I keep forgetting that replies to this list go to the sender and not to the list…From: Keith Creasy
Sent: Wednesday, September 7, 2016 5:55 PM
To: ‘Hien Ly’ <hien.thai.ly@gmail.commailto:hien.thai.ly@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: [rt-users] Query for custom fields using ‘NOT LIKE’ is no longer working

Hi. I think I now know the problem but haven’t confirmed it yet.

We just created a new queue for requests submitted by beta testors. It’s sort of an approval queue though we are not using the built-in __approval queue, it’s just a regular queue. A “Type” custom field was created in it with different values from the existing Type field. I suspect that RT is matching the first field with the name CF.{Type} it finds. The reason is that if you use the field id CF.{11} it works.

CF.{11} NOT LIKE ‘Epic’

If this is a solution I’ll let you know but it is equally strange that “LIKE” works while “NOT LIKE” does not.

Is this a bug in RT?

I try to apply a single CF to multiple queues if it has the same name so it is treated the same. Apart from that though - do you need to use LIKE? Can you use != instead? eg. CF.{cfname} != ‘EPIC’. I wonder if you have the same problem using != instead but yeah it does sound like a bug to me. I did notice that you had strange quotations again though but I trust you are just using regular single quotes in actuality.

CF.{11} NOT LIKE ‘Epic’

Landon Stewart
Lead Analyst - Abuse and Security Management
INTERNAP ®
:e-mail: lstewart@internap.commailto:lstewart@internap.com
:earth_africa: www.internap.comhttp://www.internap.com