Filtering watcher emails

Dear RT Users,

We’ve got RT 3.8.3 and we’re wondering if it is possible to
differentiate between emails received as a queue watcher versus emails
received as a ticket owner. Right now, there’s nothing I can see in
the email headers (or message) that I can filter on.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Dominic Lepiane
Network Administrator
Point Grey Research

“You’ve got to take the bitter with the sour.”

  • Samuel Goldwyn

Dominic,

There are two different Queue watchers, as you know; AdminCc and Cc.
This allows you to create notification scrips for the two different
groups of users in that capacity. There are also Requestors, where there
can be more than 1 per ticket, and Owners, where there is ONLY 1 per
ticket. These two roles can ALSO get notification scrips directed just
for them (Notify Owner, Notify Requestors). All these destination
options are available when creating a scrip under “Actions”. You will
see different roles and combination of roles you can select from for
your notification scrip. Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNLOn 6/24/2009 2:57 PM, Dominic Lepiane wrote:

Dear RT Users,

We’ve got RT 3.8.3 and we’re wondering if it is possible to
differentiate between emails received as a queue watcher versus emails
received as a ticket owner. Right now, there’s nothing I can see in
the email headers (or message) that I can filter on.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Dominic;

Your best option (as far as I know) is to create a new template for the
owner related scrips and then modify the subject line to suggest its for
the owner.

Regards;
Roy

Dominic Lepiane wrote:

There should be an RT-Owner header. I use a procmail rule to grab
messages with my ID in that header and deliver to a special folder. The
one issue with this is that change-owner notifications do not seem to
have this header, so the filter doesn’t catch those, but one could
easily create another filter for this, I just haven’t had the time.

Raed El-Hames wrote:

Dominic;

Your best option (as far as I know) is to create a new template for the
owner related scrips and then modify the subject line to suggest its for
the owner.

Regards;
Roy

Dominic Lepiane wrote:

Dear RT Users,

We’ve got RT 3.8.3 and we’re wondering if it is possible to
differentiate between emails received as a queue watcher versus emails
received as a ticket owner. Right now, there’s nothing I can see in
the email headers (or message) that I can filter on.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,


http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com

Matthew Isaacs
Systems Engineer
Wolfram Research, Inc.
1-217-398-0700 x3311

Do I have to add the RT-Owner header to a template? I’m not seeing it
in my messages right now.

Thanks,

  • Dominic

Matthew Isaacs wrote:

Right, sorry. I forgot that we added this by modifying the templates:

RT-Owner: {$Ticket->OwnerObj->Name}

Should do the trick. Replace ‘RT-Owner’ with whatever you would like
the mail header to be.

Dominic Lepiane wrote:

Do I have to add the RT-Owner header to a template? I’m not seeing it
in my messages right now.

Thanks,

  • Dominic

Matthew Isaacs wrote:

There should be an RT-Owner header. I use a procmail rule to grab
messages with my ID in that header and deliver to a special folder. The
one issue with this is that change-owner notifications do not seem to
have this header, so the filter doesn’t catch those, but one could
easily create another filter for this, I just haven’t had the time.

Raed El-Hames wrote:

Dominic;

Your best option (as far as I know) is to create a new template for the
owner related scrips and then modify the subject line to suggest its for
the owner.

Regards;
Roy

Dominic Lepiane wrote:

Dear RT Users,

We’ve got RT 3.8.3 and we’re wondering if it is possible to
differentiate between emails received as a queue watcher versus emails
received as a ticket owner. Right now, there’s nothing I can see in
the email headers (or message) that I can filter on.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Matthew Isaacs
Systems Engineer
Wolfram Research, Inc.
1-217-398-0700 x3311