Failure in creating users from LDAP (AD) on e-mail submission intermittent

I know this has appeared a lot on the list before, and I have spent days searching the archives (and Google) before posting and nothing I have found has worked so far.

I have RT 3.8.4 running ExternalAuth0.08 on a OpenSuse 11.0 box. Here is where things get weird.

Some of my users can e-mail RT, having never used/e-mailed it before, and it works perfectly. However another user, who also has never used it, will send an e-mail and it will reject give the “User creation failed in mailgateway: Could not set user info (/var/srv/www/rt3/bin/…/lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm:244)” error.

If I goto Config → Users → create, and enter the username of the user in the username field, then hit create it goes out and does an LDAP lookup, gets all the correct info, fills in the field as I have set. Then as the user already exists it will accept e-mail from them without issue. The same also applies if the user logon to the self service portal, this auto creates them just fine.

It is very random. On occasion I have had it not work for a user time and time again, then magically without any changes to any thing, it works.

Any help would be greatly welcomed as we want to this operate mainly via e-mail, with the web only for last resort entry of tickets.

The messages are delivered to sendmail on the opensuse box via dns (i.e. queuename@rt.domain.internalmailto:queuename@rt.domain.internal), from the Internal Exchange 2k7 servers.

Any suggestions are very welcomed.

Here is the Ldap config out of my rt_siteconfig:

Set ($LdapExternalInfo, 1);
Set( @Plugins, qw(RT::Authen::ExternalAuth) );
Set($ExternalAuthPriority, [ ‘My_LDAP’ ]);
Set($ExternalInfoPriority, [ ‘My_LDAP’ ]);
Set($ExternalServiceUsesSSLorTLS, 0);
Set($AutoCreateNonExternalUsers, 1);
Set($ExternalSettings, { # AN EXAMPLE DB SERVICE
‘My_LDAP’ => { ## GENERIC SECTION
‘type’ => ‘ldap’,
‘server’ => ‘1.2.3.4’,
‘user’ => ‘CN=something,CN=Users,DC=xxx,DC=yyyy’,
‘pass’ => ‘xxxxx’,
‘base’ => ‘dc=xxx,dc=yyyy’,
‘filter’ => ‘(objectclass=*)’,
‘d_filter’ => ‘(objectclass=FooBarBaz)’,
‘tls’ => 0,
‘ssl_version’ => 3,
‘net_ldap_args’ => [ version => 3 ],
‘attr_match_list’ => [ ‘Name’,‘EmailAddress’, ‘RealName’
],
‘attr_map’ => { ‘Name’ => ‘sAMAccountName’,
‘EmailAddress’ => ‘mail’,
‘Organization’ => ‘department’,
‘RealName’ => ‘cn’,
‘ExternalAuthId’ => ‘sAMAcccountName’,
‘ExternalContactInfoId’ => ‘dn’,
‘Gecos’ => ‘sAMAccountName’,
‘Country’ => ‘company’

}
                                                }
                            }

);

1;

Cheers … Ash
Ashley Morrison, MNet&SysAdmin MCSE MCTS CCNA
Network Administrator
St. Michael’s College
15 Mitton Ave
Henley Beach, SA, 5022
Ph: +61 8 8356 5966
Internet: www.smc.sa.edu.aublocked::http://www.smc.sa.edu.au/