Extract CC-s automatically

Hello,

If i send a email to RT3 (3.0.8) that has multiple addresses in Cc: or To: lines, is it possible for RT to extract them and put under the CC in People for that ticket, so that when somebody corresponds to that ticket, those other people get that message too.

It would be best, if i could contol it with script (as in on comment, others won’t get notified).

Also, is there a more complex howto, faq, or smth on creating templates in RT 3. (i got lost while reading through RT’s source and still didn’t find answers to my questions).

Best,

Laas Toom
laas.toom@eenet.ee

Laas Toom wrote:

Hello,

If i send a email to RT3 (3.0.8) that has multiple addresses in Cc: or To: lines, is it possible for RT to extract them and put under the CC in People for that ticket, so that when somebody corresponds to that ticket, those other people get that message too.

It would be best, if i could contol it with script (as in on comment, others won’t get notified).

Also, is there a more complex howto, faq, or smth on creating templates in RT 3. (i got lost while reading through RT’s source and still didn’t find answers to my questions).

Set($ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs , 1); in config should help.

Best regards. Ruslan.

Hi Ruslan,

Ruslan U. Zakirov wrote:

Set($ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs , 1); in config should help.

I’ve tried this but had to disable it as it was creating new users
without going though the LDAP user creation process that we use for from
addresses in inbound emails.

I’ve tried to trace through the source to make it use the same code but
haven’t been able to spend enough time walking the maze. Is there a way
of overriding the new user creation stuff for CC’s as well as from
addresses?

Thanks,

Carl.