Escalating ticket from one queue to another

Hello

We have designed our RT queues in a hierarchy format.

Layout is as follows, from low level to high level or prioritization.

Sales
Tech support
NOC
managers

We would like to have the ability for a ticket in one of the lower queues to be escalated (say via a html link) to the next higher queue.
So for example, a sales user can hit a button in RT and have their ticket escalated up to the Tech Support level.

Through advise I found in the list, custom field transfer is not going to happen which is ok, we will just link the tickets together as suggested.

I have been able to get the ball rolling by giving SeeQueue, CreateTicket, and ShowTicket rights to the lower queue group of users in the upper queue.
For example I have added SeeQueue, CreateTicket, and ShowTicket to the Sales group in the Tech support queue.

The trouble with this is that now the sales group can see the tech support tickets and if we continue the same idea, everyone will be able to see everyone’s tickets. We do not want this to happen if possible. Higher queue groups do not want to have to see the lower queue group tickets.

Is this at all possible through scrips or something of the like? Not too familiar with scrips.
Or can this be done at all? Any other queue layout ideas?

Thanks

Steve Hache

Through advise I found in the list, custom field transfer is not going
to happen which is ok, we will just link the tickets together as
suggested.

If you’re using Global custom fields they should persist across queue
changes.

Joshua Colson jcolson@voidgate.org