Errors on Certain Pages

Hello,

As of 4.4.1 and continuing with 4.4.2, pages such as a ticket’s “Actions” => “Resolve” page die out with the message, “An internal RT error has occurred. Your administrator can find more details in RT’s log files”. The entire page is not displayed, as if output dies with this message.

In the server’s httpd error log, I see the text:

[598] [Tue Dec 5 22:57:47 2017] [error]: could not find component for path ‘/Ticket/Elements/ShowSimplifiedRecipients’

Stack:
[/usr/share/rt/html/Ticket/Update.html:136]
[/usr/share/rt/html/Ticket/autohandler:66]
[/usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/RT/Interface/Web.pm:696]
[/usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/RT/Interface/Web.pm:375]
[/usr/share/rt/html/autohandler:53] (/usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/RT/Interface/Web/Handler.pm:208)

Can anyone shed any light on why this is happening? The files in question all seem to be in the right place and I don’t see any obvious cause.

Thanks,
Ben

There is/was a bug that the amount of data was to large for a get
request and I think there was a patch, went into 4.4.2?, that solved
that by using a post.
Searching with google should show up some posts about this and maybe an
answer from BP.

Regards,

Joop

I’m having this exact same issue. What’s odd is I have an instance of 4.4.2 running that does not get this error. I did a clean installation of RT 4.4.2 on a new server. I imported the MySQL database from the old server. Everything displays correctly but when I try to reply or comment on a ticket I get …

[16198] [Wed Feb 28 19:52:20 2018] [error]: could not find component for path ‘/Ticket/Elements/ShowSimplifiedRecipients’

Stack:
[/opt/rt4/local/html/Ticket/Update.html:156]
[/opt/rt4/share/html/Ticket/autohandler:66]
[/opt/rt4/sbin/…/lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm:696]
[/opt/rt4/sbin/…/lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm:375]
[/opt/rt4/share/html/autohandler:53] (/opt/rt4/sbin/…/lib/RT/Interface/Web/Handler.pm:208)

After making a backup of RT_SiteConfig.pm, I deleted my /opt/rt4 directory. I then went back into my install directory running.

./configure
make install

restored my RT_SiteConfig.pm. Issues resolved itself.

:fearful:

I believe this is because of mason cache, could you clear it and try again?