Error when clicking 'Forward' from within a ticket

All,

I’m just getting started with implementing RT-IR and have run across an issue I’m not sure how to resolve.

When I attempt to forward a history entry from a ticket, the forwarding is failing with the error:

‘An internal RT error has occurred. Your administrator can find more details in RT’s log files.’

Looking in the logs, what I’m seeing is the following perl related error:

RT: Error during compilation of /opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-IR/html/RTIR/Forward.html#012Global symbol “$Ticket” requires explicit package name at /opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-IR/html/RTIR/Forward.html line 52.

Anyone have any clues?

I’m using RT 4.0.6 and RTIR 3.0.0rc1

Thanks!

Steve Mayer
smayer69@me.com

“Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.” – Kahlil Gibran

signature.asc (495 Bytes)

All,

I’m just getting started with implementing RT-IR and have run across an issue I’m not sure how to resolve.

When I attempt to forward a history entry from a ticket, the forwarding is failing with the error:

‘An internal RT error has occurred. Your administrator can find more details in RT’s log files.’

RT: Error during compilation of /opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-IR/html/RTIR/Forward.html#012Global symbol “$Ticket” requires explicit package name at /opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-IR/html/RTIR/Forward.html line 52.

Anyone have any clues?

Thanks for the report, it looks like a misnamed variable when porting
in patches from rt’s trunk. It should be fixed by:

-kevin

Kevin,

Thanks for the response. I’d actually tried that before sending out the message to the list, but I got this error:

RT: Error during compilation of /opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-IR/html/RTIR/Forward.html:#012Bareword “Bcc” not allowed while “strict subs” in use at /opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-IR/html/RTIR/Forward.html line 17.

After looking at this error apparently, line 17 needs to change from:

% foreach my $field (To Cc Bcc) {

to

% foreach my $field ("To, “Cc”, “Bcc”) {

This allowed things to start working.

Thanks!On Jun 8, 2012, at 3:49 PM, Kevin Falcone wrote:

On Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 11:46:52AM -0700, Steve Mayer wrote:

All,

Anyone have any clues?

Thanks for the report, it looks like a misnamed variable when porting
in patches from rt’s trunk. It should be fixed by:
Fix a missed s/Ticket/TicketObj/ from merging in MaybeRedirectForResults · bestpractical/rtir@b51b77f · GitHub

-kevin

Rtir mailing list
Rtir@lists.bestpractical.com
The rtir Archives

Steve Mayer
smayer69@me.com

“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.” – Will Rogers

signature.asc (495 Bytes)

Kevin,

Thanks for the response. I’d actually tried that before sending out the message to the list, but I got this error:

RT: Error during compilation of /opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-IR/html/RTIR/Forward.html:#012Bareword “Bcc” not allowed while “strict subs” in use at /opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-IR/html/RTIR/Forward.html line 17.

After looking at this error apparently, line 17 needs to change from:

% foreach my $field (To Cc Bcc) {

to

% foreach my $field ("To, “Cc”, “Bcc”) {

This allowed things to start working.

That’ll probably hit 2.9-trunk as

% foreach my $field qw((To Cc Bcc)) {

later today when I have a chance to push it up.
Thanks for the catch.

-kevin