Error make initialize-database

I have gone through the suggested steps successfully, but had an error when I enter the following command:

root@helpdesk:/opt/rt3# make initialize-database

This is the error that I got:

make: *** No rule to make target `initialize-database’.? Stop.

Can someone guide me in resolving this issue.

Thanks,

When you run make initialize-database, you should be in the directory you are installing from, not to. /opt/rt3 is (probably) your to directory…From: rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of borngunners@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 9:18 PM
To: RT-Users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: [rt-users] Error make initialize-database

I have gone through the suggested steps successfully, but had an error when I enter the following command:

root@helpdesk:/opt/rt3mailto:root@helpdesk:/opt/rt3# make initialize-database
This is the error that I got:
make: *** No rule to make target `initialize-database’. Stop.
Can someone guide me in resolving this issue.

Thanks,
This e-mail message is intended only for the personal use of the recipient(s) named above. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the Hearst Service Center (cadmin@hearstsc.com) immediately by email and delete the original message.

Hello everyone, pls i have same error i don’t know how to fix it, pls guide me.
thank you.
postgresql.service - PostgreSQL database server
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/postgresql.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: active (running) since Sat 2020-04-11 01:33:54 PDT; 1h 23min ago
Process: 9239 ExecStop=/usr/bin/pg_ctl -s -D {PGROOT}/data stop -m fast (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS) Process: 9256 ExecStart=/usr/bin/pg_ctl -s -D {PGROOT}/data start -w -t 120 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Process: 9248 ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/postgresql-check-db-dir ${PGROOT}/data (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 9258 (postgres)
CGroup: /system.slice/postgresql.service
├─9258 /usr/bin/postgres -D /var/lib/postgres/data
├─9259 postgres: logger process
├─9261 postgres: checkpointer process
├─9263 postgres: writer process
├─9264 postgres: wal writer process
├─9265 postgres: autovacuum launcher process
└─9266 postgres: stats collector process

Apr 11 01:33:53 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Starting PostgreSQL databas…
Apr 11 01:33:54 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Started PostgreSQL database…
Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.
[root@localhost ~]# make initialize-database
make: *** No rule to make target `initialize-database’. Stop.

This seems you are not in the installation directory of whatever you are trying to install. You have to run make command from the directory where Makefile file is present. Usually for perl modules within RT you should prior run perl Makefile.PL to generate the Makefile. And on modern systems with newer perl versions don’t forget to set PERL5LIB also for local directory: export PERL5LIB=.:$PERL5LIB.

thank you ever so much, Mrs. Petr_Hanousek.
outside that am having finding it difficult to configure my RT_SiteConfig.pm.
i was able sort the make initialize-database, install RT4.4.3 but i couldn’t access it via my browser instead am getting Apache web interface. pls how can i access rt4 via my browser. i will really appreciate it if you can help me with directions of how to get it sort out or even step by step documentation.
thank you once again for your assist as i look forward to hearing from you.
best regards.

The step-by-step tutorial is in README file of you RT tarball. And you can find more about web configuration and other stuff in Best Practical’s documentation.