Error in log: "Use of uninitialized value $ticketcount in numeric lt"

Hello,

I noticed that my RT logs are full with the errors like below:

[Tue Jan 29 09:56:01 2013] [warning]: Use of uninitialized value $ticketcount in numeric lt (<) at /usr/share/request-tracker4/html/Search/Results.html line 185. (/usr/share/request-tracker4/html/Search/Results.html:185)
[Tue Jan 29 09:56:01 2013] [warning]: Use of uninitialized value $ticketcount in numeric lt (<) at /usr/share/request-tracker4/html/Search/Results.html line 186. (/usr/share/request-tracker4/html/Search/Results.html:186)

Those errors match the following lines in the Results.html file:

link_rel{next} = $BaseURL . $genpage->($Page + 1) if ($Page * $Rows) < $ticketcount;
$link_rel{last} = $BaseURL . $genpage->(POSIX::ceil($ticketcount/$Rows)) if $Rows and ($Page * $Rows) < $ticketcount;

So, it looks like the variable $ticketcount is undefined.
Can someone suggest a work around on this issue? What this variable and file are for?

I’m using RT 4.0.4-2 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.

Thank you.

Hello,

I noticed that my RT logs are full with the errors like below:

[Tue Jan 29 09:56:01 2013] [warning]: Use of uninitialized value $ticketcount in numeric lt (<) at /usr/share/request-tracker4/html/Search/Results.html line 185. (/usr/share/request-tracker4/html/Search/Results.html:185)
[Tue Jan 29 09:56:01 2013] [warning]: Use of uninitialized value $ticketcount in numeric lt (<) at /usr/share/request-tracker4/html/Search/Results.html line 186. (/usr/share/request-tracker4/html/Search/Results.html:186)

Those aren’t errors, but warnings. Note the [warning] tag. While
you’re correct to investigate them, in this case they appear to be
harmless. I don’t know if they still occur in RT 4.0.9, but you might
try that out. You can ignore them without worry regardless.

Thomas