Email Notifications not containing any information

When someone resolves a ticket in RT, the only thing that is shown in
the email is

Your request has been resolved.

This transaction appears to have no content

I looked in the ticket configuration for Resolved and it says

Your request has been resolved.

{$Transaction->Content()}

What do I need to do to get the resolution into the ticket?

-Adam

Adamengel,

Not sure what it is you think you are missing. Are you looking for 

comments about how the ticket was resolved or notes to the requestor?
These are entered at the time the “Resolved” option is selected. The
person doing this needs to enter the info in the message portion at the
bottom of the page. If they want the info to be included in the
notification, then select that option during resolution. Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNLOn 11/5/2007 2:57 PM, Adam Engel wrote:

When someone resolves a ticket in RT, the only thing that is shown in
the email is

Your request has been resolved.
This transaction appears to have no content

I looked in the ticket configuration for Resolved and it says

Subject: Resolved: {$Ticket->Subject}

Your request has been resolved.

{$Transaction->Content()}

What do I need to do to get the resolution into the ticket?

-Adam


http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

SAVE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS ON RT SUPPORT:

If you sign up for a new RT support contract before December 31, we’ll take
up to 20 percent off the price. This sale won’t last long, so get in
touch today. Email us at sales@bestpractical.com or call us at +1 617
812 0745.

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media. Buy
a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com

Thanks for the response, let me clarify a bit more.

When a user resolves a ticket and enters in information in the message
box on the resolve screen, the email that is received just says:

Your request has been resolved.

This transaction appears to have no content

I tested this out by resolving a ticket that was open, and entering
information into the message box clicking ‘update ticket’ and then
waiting for the email. I do not see an option to include the text in the
notification.

My steps for resolving a ticket:

  1. Select ticket in personal queue.
  2. Click ‘Resolve’ from the menu
  3. Enter in my message
  4. Click ‘Update Ticket’

Once I am brought back to the ticket details page, I see “message
recorded” and then the status change from open to resolved.

If I include my email address in the CC section, I get an email that has
the message I entered but in the ‘official’ ticket resolution email, it
says This transaction appears to have no content.

I hope that clears what I am seeing.

-Adam

Kenneth Crocker wrote:

Adamengel,

Not sure what it is you think you are missing. Are you looking for 

comments about how the ticket was resolved or notes to the requestor?
These are entered at the time the “Resolved” option is selected. The
person doing this needs to enter the info in the message portion at
the bottom of the page. If they want the info to be included in the
notification, then select that option during resolution. Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL

When someone resolves a ticket in RT, the only thing that is shown in
the email is

Your request has been resolved.
This transaction appears to have no content

I looked in the ticket configuration for Resolved and it says

Subject: Resolved: {$Ticket->Subject}

Your request has been resolved.

{$Transaction->Content()}

What do I need to do to get the resolution into the ticket?

-Adam


http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

SAVE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS ON RT SUPPORT:

If you sign up for a new RT support contract before December 31,
we’ll take
up to 20 percent off the price. This sale won’t last long, so get in
touch today. Email us at sales@bestpractical.com or call us at +1
617 812 0745.

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com

Adam Engel
Specialized Business Software
IT Manager
440.542.9145
adamengel@specializedbusinesssoftware.com

Adamengel,

As I mentioned in my last response ("If they want the info to be 

included in the notification, then select that option during
resolution"), there is a drop-down tab called “Update Type”. That’s what
I meant by “option”. That drop-down offers two choices:

1) Comments (NOT sent to requestor) - (the emphasis here is NOT) and it 

means that WHATEVER you write will NOT be included in the E_mail.
2) Reply to Requestors - Whatever you write WILL be included in the E_mail.

How is this set when you resolve a ticket?

Kenn
LBNLOn 11/6/2007 12:41 PM, Adam Engel wrote:

Thanks for the response, let me clarify a bit more.

When a user resolves a ticket and enters in information in the message
box on the resolve screen, the email that is received just says:

Your request has been resolved.

This transaction appears to have no content

I tested this out by resolving a ticket that was open, and entering
information into the message box clicking ‘update ticket’ and then
waiting for the email. I do not see an option to include the text in the
notification.

My steps for resolving a ticket:

  1. Select ticket in personal queue.
  2. Click ‘Resolve’ from the menu
  3. Enter in my message
  4. Click ‘Update Ticket’

Once I am brought back to the ticket details page, I see “message
recorded” and then the status change from open to resolved.

If I include my email address in the CC section, I get an email that has
the message I entered but in the ‘official’ ticket resolution email, it
says This transaction appears to have no content.

I hope that clears what I am seeing.

-Adam

Kenneth Crocker wrote:

Adamengel,

Not sure what it is you think you are missing. Are you looking for 

comments about how the ticket was resolved or notes to the requestor?
These are entered at the time the “Resolved” option is selected. The
person doing this needs to enter the info in the message portion at
the bottom of the page. If they want the info to be included in the
notification, then select that option during resolution. Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL

On 11/5/2007 2:57 PM, Adam Engel wrote:

When someone resolves a ticket in RT, the only thing that is shown in
the email is

Your request has been resolved.
This transaction appears to have no content

I looked in the ticket configuration for Resolved and it says

Subject: Resolved: {$Ticket->Subject}

Your request has been resolved.

{$Transaction->Content()}

What do I need to do to get the resolution into the ticket?

-Adam


http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

SAVE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS ON RT SUPPORT:

If you sign up for a new RT support contract before December 31,
we’ll take
up to 20 percent off the price. This sale won’t last long, so get in
touch today. Email us at sales@bestpractical.com or call us at +1
617 812 0745.

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com

Adam Engel
Specialized Business Software
IT Manager
440.542.9145
adamengel@specializedbusinesssoftware.com