Editing CustomField values

Hello everybody,

I’ve found a problem using Custom Field values. Actually, I’m not using
CustomFields added after the installation of RT but I’ve adapt the
./etc/initialdata file to satisfy our needs (We’re using RT 3.0.8, RTIR
1.0.4 and MySQL 4.0.17).

For an Incident’s Ticket I’ve many Customfields and one of them is a
’FreeformMultiple’ (id = 98 in the example).
I’m using it to store lists of values as “value1\nvalue2\nvalue3\n…”

When I create an incident, everything works rigth.
I can save my diferent CustomFieldValues and after do it the SQL query looks
like this:

mysql> select id, Ticket, Content from TicketCustomFieldValues where Ticket
=11;
| id | Ticket | Content |
| 101 | 11 | open |
| 99 | 11 | something |
| 93 | 11 | something |
| 92 | 11 | something |
| 96 | 11 | something |
| 97 | 11 | something |
| 94 | 11 | something |
| 91 | 11 | something |
| 95 | 11 | something |
| 98 | 11 | value1
value2
value3
value4
|
| 100 | 11 | something |
11 rows in set (0.01 sec)

Next, I edit this values as:

  • value1 is changed to value1bis
  • value2 is erased
  • value3 is changed to value3bis
  • value4 is kept
    so, the list is “value1bis\nvalue3bis\nvalue4\n”

The message showed in RTIR/edit.html page is:
$1 a�adido como un valor de _RTIR_Related_IPs (= #loc(%1 added as a value
for %2))
$1 a�adido como un valor de _RTIR_Related_IPs (= #loc(%1 added as a value
for %2))
$1 a�adido como un valor de _RTIR_Related_IPs (= #loc(%1 added as a value
for %2))
value1 value2 value3 value4 ha dejado de ser un valor para campo
personalizable _RTIR_Related_IPs
(= #loc(%1 is no longer a value for custom field %2))
(BTW: why the po file have $1, and not %1, in the spanish translation?)

The result of editing the values is strange. The SQL query returns:

mysql> select id, Ticket, Content from TicketCustomFieldValues where Ticket
=11;
| id | Ticket | Content |
| 101 | 11 | something |
| 99 | 11 | something |
| 93 | 11 | something |
| 92 | 11 | something |
| 96 | 11 | something |
| 97 | 11 | something |
| 94 | 11 | something |
| 91 | 11 | something |
| 95 | 11 | something |
| 11 | value1bis
| 11 | value3bis
|1 | value4
| 100 | 11 | something |
13 rows in set (0.00 sec)

What do you think about?
I’m not enough fluent in Perl and I don’t have enough knowledge about RT to
try to make a patch for this problem ;P.

Many thanks,
Marc

Hello everybody,

I’ve found a problem using Custom Field values. Actually, I’m not using
CustomFields added after the installation of RT but I’ve adapt the
./etc/initialdata file to satisfy our needs (We’re using RT 3.0.8, RTIR
1.0.4 and MySQL 4.0.17).

For an Incident’s Ticket I’ve many Customfields and one of them is a
’FreeformMultiple’ (id = 98 in the example).
I’m using it to store lists of values as “value1\nvalue2\nvalue3\n…”

What it should be doing is storing it as a bunch of seperate values in
the database. The on-create behaviour is broken. Another user opened a
ticket about this issue this morning.

Best,

Jesse