There’s a bug in the merge functionality that changes in 2.0.10 tickled. I’m still tracking it down, but it
looks like the system is incorrectly setting some metadata related to a merge for too many tickets when a user
anually merges a ticket. I suspect this has been going on for quite a while and that 2.0.10 is the first release
that actually relies on this metadata for stripping merged tickets out of search displays.
It looks like it should be relatively painless to restore your database to a good state if this bug hit you
More info to come later.
-jOn Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 07:32:56AM -0800, Rob Mitzel wrote:
I figured I’d give 2.0.10 an install on our production machine. So I checked the deps, made the new ones, installed, everything looked great. However, now, we’re getting a reproducable error:
Say I go into a queue, and it has 5 new tickets, 4 on the exact same subject or whatever. So I go into ticket #3, and merge it with ticket #2, which is the same. It tells me it’s merged. From that point on, no matter what I do, it makes all the other new tickets dissappear, and it just shows the ticket I merged, nothing else. no changing of the search parameters will help, the search just thinks that 1 ticket is the only ticket in the entire db. If I type in an individual ticket # and go to it, it’s fine…
Of course, I’m doing this after having just been woken up after 2 hours of sleep by a frantic guy in my NOC, so…
http://www.bestpractical.com/products/rt – Trouble Ticketing. Free.