Display recurring tickets info

Hi all,

What is the way to display the recurrence fields of a recurring ticket?
I want to display those fields in a ticket overview.

Thanks,
Piet

Dit bericht is gescanned op virussen en andere gevaarlijke
inhoud door MailScanner en lijkt schoon te zijn.

A few years ago I installed RT from the debian package repo, is it version 4.0.24 I believe. I have around ~900 historical tickets in there.

It seems more trouble than it is worth to try to “upgrade” this instance directly, because of the ways in which the debian package installs itself. So I have set up a new, so far unused instance of RT 4.4.1 , also on debian (Jessie) but installed from source code , as it seems this may provide a better upgrade path in the future should I want to update again.

I would like to import the ticket history from the old instance to the new one … is there a recommended way for doing this, considering the versions are quite different?

A further piece of info, the old system did not use LDAP but the new one IS configured for LDAP auth for privileged users. Im not really concerned with preserving the privileged users, Queues, or permissions … theres only a few people who have used the system as a privileged user and I can sort that again , and probably should anyways.

Thank you for any help,

Kevin Long> On Oct 30, 2016, at 4:07 PM, Piet Honkoop piet@espresso-gridpoint.com wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks,
Piet

RT 4.4 and RTIR training sessions, and a new workshop day! https://bestpractical.com/training

• Los Angeles - Q1 2017

I’ll let more experienced people give all the details and warnings, but I did a similar thing going from 4.2.8 (the Debian package) to 4.4.1. Essentially, I exported my 4.2.8 database, re-imported it into a new database, pointed 4.4.1 at it with the ./configure command, checked my privileges in MySQL, and ran the db upgrade command (make upgrade-database, I think). I know there’s a page that details this procedure, but I’m on my phone and can’t find it just now. But what you’re looking to do should be quite possible.> On Oct 30, 2016, at 20:10, Kevin Long kevin.long@haloprivacy.com wrote:

A few years ago I installed RT from the debian package repo, is it version 4.0.24 I believe. I have around ~900 historical tickets in there.

It seems more trouble than it is worth to try to “upgrade” this instance directly, because of the ways in which the debian package installs itself. So I have set up a new, so far unused instance of RT 4.4.1 , also on debian (Jessie) but installed from source code , as it seems this may provide a better upgrade path in the future should I want to update again.

I would like to import the ticket history from the old instance to the new one … is there a recommended way for doing this, considering the versions are quite different?

A further piece of info, the old system did not use LDAP but the new one IS configured for LDAP auth for privileged users. Im not really concerned with preserving the privileged users, Queues, or permissions … theres only a few people who have used the system as a privileged user and I can sort that again , and probably should anyways.

Thank you for any help,

Kevin Long

On Oct 30, 2016, at 4:07 PM, Piet Honkoop piet@espresso-gridpoint.com wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks,
Piet

RT 4.4 and RTIR training sessions, and a new workshop day! https://bestpractical.com/training

• Los Angeles - Q1 2017

• Los Angeles - Q1 2017

I have recently did this.
I went from 3.6.5 to 4.4.1
I used this website as a tutorial.

I also used phpMyAdmin.