DBD::mysql error when installing rt 3.8.2 on Cent OS 5.2

I am in the process of migrating RT from an old server running Fedora Core 4, RT ver 3.8.1, and mysql version 4.1.20-log. I upgraded RT on this old server a while back and ran into the random logouts, binary attachment problems, etc.

I have installed a new server running Cent OS 5.2. The installation of RT 3.8.2 and restore of the data from the old server is complete. This server is running mysql version 5.0.45.

From what I have read in all the documents, I need to upgrade my database on the new server since it was running on an old version of mysql. However, when I run this: “perl etc/upgrade/upgrade-mysql-schema.pl rt3 password password > sql.queries”, it returns:

DBD::mysql version 4.002 required–this is only version 3.0007 at etc/upgrade/up
grade-mysql-schema.pl line 7.
BEGIN failed–compilation aborted at etc/upgrade/upgrade-mysql-schema.pl line 7.

To attempt to upgrade DBD::mysql, I run: perl -MCPAN -e’install DBD::mysql’ but, it returns:

Running make install
make test had returned bad status, won’t install without force

Any ideas?

Shannon Adams wrote:

I am in the process of migrating RT from an old server running Fedora Core 4, RT ver 3.8.1, and mysql version 4.1.20-log. I upgraded RT on this old server a while back and ran into the random logouts, binary attachment problems, etc.

I have installed a new server running Cent OS 5.2. The installation of RT 3.8.2 and restore of the data from the old server is complete. This server is running mysql version 5.0.45.

From what I have read in all the documents, I need to upgrade my database on the new server since it was running on an old version of mysql. However, when I run this: “perl etc/upgrade/upgrade-mysql-schema.pl rt3 password password > sql.queries”, it returns:

DBD::mysql version 4.002 required–this is only version 3.0007 at etc/upgrade/up
grade-mysql-schema.pl line 7.
BEGIN failed–compilation aborted at etc/upgrade/upgrade-mysql-schema.pl line 7.

To attempt to upgrade DBD::mysql, I run: perl -MCPAN -e’install DBD::mysql’ but, it returns:

Running make install
make test had returned bad status, won’t install without force

Any ideas?

thats because the test user on your mysql db requires a passwd

cpan
look DBD::mysql
read the docs and provide the passwd for the test user
perl Makefile.pl

Chaim Rieger

cpan

upgrade DBD::mysql

Your version of DBD::mysql is to old to do the upgrade. I ran into this