Cut text and Gibrish in comment

Hi All,

I noticed that when commenting or replying on a correspondence using explorer 8 or 9 (and not in Chrome \ Firefox), the text is getting cut, spaces are added in the middle of words, some irrelevant characters are being added to it (like the question marks below), and the footer of the RT web page is also added (looks like this: � ���������������� ���������Time to display: 0 .30 5428� ���»|« RT 3.8.2 Copyright 1996-2008 �Best Practical Solutions, L LC�. ������).

I’m using RT 3.8.2.
The text I add is pure English.

Any ideas?

Karmi Simonov | System Administrator | Panaya - Making ERP Easy

Hi All,

I noticed that when commenting or replying on a correspondence using explorer 8 or 9 (and not
in Chrome \ Firefox), the text is getting cut, spaces are added in the middle of words, some
irrelevant characters are being added to it (like the question marks below), and the footer of
the RT web page is also added (looks like this: ** ********************************
****************Time to display: 0 .30 5428 ******>>|<< RT 3.8.2 Copyright 1996-2008
Best Practical Solutions, L LC. ************).

I’m using RT 3.8.2.

This sounds like a bug fixed in the 2 years since 3.8.2 was released

-kevin

I’m using CentOS 5.2 RPM.
Do you know a repository where I can get a newer version?

Karmi.-----Original Message-----
From: rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Kevin Falcone
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2011 5:30 PM
To: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Cut text and Gibrish in comment

On Wed, Apr 06, 2011 at 12:18:06PM +0000, Karmi Simonov wrote:

Hi All,

I noticed that when commenting or replying on a correspondence using explorer 8 or 9 (and not
in Chrome \ Firefox), the text is getting cut, spaces are added in the middle of words, some
irrelevant characters are being added to it (like the question marks below), and the footer of
the RT web page is also added (looks like this: ** ********************************
****************Time to display: 0 .30 5428 ******>>|<< RT 3.8.2 Copyright 1996-2008
Best Practical Solutions, L LC. ************).

I’m using RT 3.8.2.

This sounds like a bug fixed in the 2 years since 3.8.2 was released

-kevin