Custom field set based on value of another custom field

We are looking into ways to have a script update a custom field (custom
field 2) based on the value of another custom field (custom field 1). This
would hopefully be done by using a lookup table in the database to determine
the value of custom field 2 based on the value of custom field 1. Has anyone
done something like this in RT? We are currently running version 3.8.2.

Thanks,

Cal

Hi Calvin,
looking up the database is a possible, but ugly way i think. Inside the RT Wiki you will find much better solutions:

Custom Action:

Get Content from CF1:

my $cf1 = $self->TicketObj->FirstCustomFieldValue(‘CF1Name’);

Then compare against something if needed

Write Content to CF2:

$self->TicketObj->AddCustomFieldValue(Field => ‘CF2Name’, Value => $cf1, RecordTransaction => 1); (or use 0 to not record Transaction)

Around this you need only a Custom Condition where you check if CF Content has changed.

It is much cleaner i think.,

Torsten

Kuehne + Nagel (AG & Co.) KG, Geschaeftsleitung: Hans-Georg Brinkmann (Vors.), Uwe Bielang (Stellv.), Bruno Mang, Dirk Blesius (Stellv.), Alfred Manke, Christian Marnetté (Stellv.), Mark Reinhardt (Stellv.), Jens Wollesen, Rainer Wunn, Sitz: Bremen, Registergericht: Bremen, HRA 21928, USt-IdNr.: DE 812773878, Persoenlich haftende Gesellschaft: Kuehne & Nagel A.G., Sitz: Contern/Luxemburg Geschaeftsfuehrender Verwaltungsrat: Klaus-Michael KuehneVon: rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] Im Auftrag von Calvin Gorriaran
Gesendet: Freitag, 23. Januar 2009 23:17
An: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Betreff: [rt-users] Custom field set based on value of another customfield…

We are looking into ways to have a script update a custom field (custom field 2) based on the value of another custom field (custom field 1). This would hopefully be done by using a lookup table in the database to determine the value of custom field 2 based on the value of custom field 1. Has anyone done something like this in RT? We are currently running version 3.8.2.

Thanks,

Cal