I know this isnt a question as such but I just came across a weird thing in
RT3 with Custom Fields and then managed to solve it myself, so thought i’d
post it on here in case anyone else gets the same problem.
Example (fake entries): A custom field called “Top Level” and one called
Top Level options:
I then set the “categories are based on” option in the Category custom field
to the “Top Level” custom field and set the category column, so the custom
field page looked like below:
Then if, for example, I chose “Active Directory” from the Top Level field,
the Category would show like below when i go to select it:
Obviously very irritating.
The way i got round this was to go into the config of the Category custom
field, and the categories that come under Active Directory i set the Sort
Order column to 1, for those under Printers i set to 2, and those under
Hardware i set to 3. This made the custom field display as below:
So, when creating a custom field and basing it on another one, unless you
want it to display in a really stupid way, setting the options under each
category to the same sort order fixes it.
Hope this helps.
View this message in context: http://requesttracker.8502.n7.nabble.com/Custom-Field-base-on-another-Custom-Field-tp57218.html