I install 5.0.3 a few weeks ago, and have been working in my copious free time to transfer our existing ticketing system data into RT. While I was doing that, I disabled all the scrips, just to prevent a bunch of noisy email going out.
No problem–my conversion works great, and my users love their first look at RT. Creating tickets works fine for the staff, as does editing, commenting, all the obvious things one might do.
So, today, I decided to get email working. Turned on scrip 7 (On Create Autoreply To Requestors), logged into my non-admin Staff account, and tried to create a ticket in the web interface, with myself as requestor. I got the email notification that a new ticket had been created, but then could not locate the ticket in RT. It sent email, but didn’t create the ticket.
I’ve turned file logging to “debug”, and the log shows the sending process, but does not have any info about problems creating the ticket–nada, it just disappeared into the ether.