Create Database without Root

Hi,

I am trying to use a database created for me by the DBAs at my company.  I do not have root privileges, just a regular username and password.  I have created the tables using schema.mysql but I can not populate the data.  Are there instruction for creating the RT database when the Database has already been created and you do not have root rights?

Thanks

Christopher Lasater
Technology Analyst I
Taleo

T. 904.520.6046
E. clasater@taleo.com mailto:clasater@taleo.com
TALEO http://www.taleo.com/

This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential, and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient named in the original email to which this message was attached. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto) by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please return this email to the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any attachments thereto.

PGP.sig (475 Bytes)

Hi,

I am trying to use a database created for me by the DBAs at my company.  I do

not have root privileges, just a regular username and password. I have created the tables
using schema.mysql but I can not populate the data. Are there instruction for creating the RT
database when the Database has already been created and you do not have root rights?

/opt/rt4/sbin/rt-setup-database --help
search for --skip-create

-kevin

Great, thanks! Sorry for the late response.On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 10:43:39AM -0400, Christopher Lasater wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to use a database created for me by the DBAs at my company.  I do

not have root privileges, just a regular username and password. I have created the tables
using schema.mysql but I can not populate the data. Are there instruction for creating the RT
database when the Database has already been created and you do not have root rights?

/opt/rt4/sbin/rt-setup-database --help
search for --skip-create

-kevin

PGP.sig (475 Bytes)