I’m fairly new to RT, and am having a problem with attachments.
all binary attachments coming out of RT in a ticket are corrupt… I’m not
sure why, but I do think it’s a database problem (thanks to a hint from J).
What I’m running:
- Redhat Linux (latest)
- RT2 (latest)
- MySQL (latest stable, installed via. rpm)
- Perl (latest stable, installed via. CPAN)
- a ticket gets and attachment via. e-mail OR web interface
- the attachments are small, under 1meg and my test files are all about
- during view of the ticket, if you attempt to download the binary
attachment it is corrupt.
- The binary file always seems to be a little larger then the original.
Measures I have already taken:
- set max_allowed_packet=16M
- checked the $MaxAttachmentSize size in config.pm
- checked the database install
The database seems to have a pretty clean “normal” install, so I’m missing
something here… Jesse did mention that he thought it was a DB problem, but
of course I’d have to contract him to get him to fix it… which I would
love to do, but just can’t afford the rates (I’m one guy doing this out of
pocket for open source development).
I think RT is a pretty good system, and don’t want to have to drop it, but I
also need the attachments
- Brill Pappin