Consider a BBS system like phpBB

Hi,

Can someone at Best Practical consider changing the primary means of help
to a web forum like phpBB to make it easier for the community to reach out
and request help?

Thanks,

Yes, it’s something we have considered. Maybe something for us to look
at in 2016 since it is the time of year for making lists. :)On 12/29/15 6:28 PM, Dave Florek wrote:

Hi,

Can someone at Best Practical consider changing the primary means of
help to a web forum like phpBB to make it easier for the community to
reach out and request help?

Thanks,

Hi Jim,

Thank you getting back to me quickly and considering my idea. Apologies if I initially appeared to be a bit short. I haven’t had much luck with getting responses through mailing lists and I wasn’t expecting to receive a response at all.

Thanks for your time,> On Jan 4, 2016, at 3:25 PM, Jim Brandt jbrandt@bestpractical.com wrote:

Yes, it’s something we have considered. Maybe something for us to look at in 2016 since it is the time of year for making lists. :slight_smile:

On 12/29/15 6:28 PM, Dave Florek wrote:
Hi,

Can someone at Best Practical consider changing the primary means of help to a web forum like phpBB to make it easier for the community to reach out and request help?

Thanks,

No problem. One thing I did notice while thinking about this is that
while many of the RT lists are archived at Gossamer Threads, for some
reason the RTIR list isn’t. We’ll look into that. It makes searching
much easier.

Carbon60: Managed Cloud Services 1/5/16 10:08 PM, David Florek wrote:

Hi Jim,

Thank you getting back to me quickly and considering my idea. Apologies if I initially appeared to be a bit short. I haven’t had much luck with getting responses through mailing lists and I wasn’t expecting to receive a response at all.

Thanks for your time,

On Jan 4, 2016, at 3:25 PM, Jim Brandt jbrandt@bestpractical.com wrote:

Yes, it’s something we have considered. Maybe something for us to look at in 2016 since it is the time of year for making lists. :slight_smile:

On 12/29/15 6:28 PM, Dave Florek wrote:
Hi,

Can someone at Best Practical consider changing the primary means of help to a web forum like phpBB to make it easier for the community to reach out and request help?

Thanks,