Clickable custom field in User Summary display page

Hello all,

I like the new RT 4.2.3 and its new features. Great work.
At the moment we are extending our RT with custom fields, which seems to work well.
Using clickable links in e.g. the Asset Display-page works as expected.
And adding custom fields to the User Summary (display) page is fairly simple using Set(%UserSummaryExtraInfo)

But the shown (CF.)fields are not clickable although they’re configured as such.
So, as I see it, at the moment there’s no place where I can use a clickable "User-Customfield"
Did I overlook something?

Many thanks and keep up the good work!

Lieven Bridts

At the moment we are extending our RT with custom fields, which seems to work well.

And adding custom fields to the User Summary (display) page is fairly simple using
Set(%UserSummaryExtraInfo)

But the shown (CF.)fields are not clickable although they’re configured as such.

So, as I see it, at the moment there’s no place where I can use a clickable “User-Customfield”

I think you need to tell us more about what you’ve done to make a
clickable CF (Link values to on the CF admin page?) and what you’re
putting in your UserSummaryExtraInfo.

-kevin

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Kevin Falcone [mailto:falcone@bestpractical.com]
Verzonden: donderdag 24 april 2014 18:39
Aan: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Onderwerp: Re: [rt-users] Clickable custom field in User Summary display pageOn Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 08:24:48AM +0000, Lieven Bridts wrote:

And adding custom fields to the User Summary (display) page is fairly simple using

So, as I see it, at the moment there’s no place where I can use a clickable “User-Customfield”

I think you need to tell us more about what you’ve done to make a clickable CF (Link values to on the CF admin page?) and what you’re putting in your UserSummaryExtraInfo.

-kevin

Well…

I made a “Global Custom Field for all users” and gave it the name ‘Functie’ (Sorry, for the Dutch words now and then)
Type: Enter one value
Applies to : Users
Validation :
Link values to: http:///gebrbeh/showfie.php?fie=CustomField
Include page :
Active

Group rights :
Privileged : view custom fields (SeeCustomField) ; Add, modify and delete custom field values for objects (ModifyCustomField)

In RT_SiteConfig.pm:

Set(%CustomFieldGroupings,
‘RT::Ticket’ => {
‘Basics’ => [‘Domein’, ‘Aard’],
},
‘RT::Asset’ => {
‘Details’ => [‘Type’],
},
‘RT::User’ => {
‘Details’ => [‘CF.Functie’],
}

);

Set(@UserSummaryPortlets, (qw/ExtraInfo CreateTicket ActiveTickets InactiveTickets UserAssets/));

Set($UserSummaryExtraInfo, “RealName, EmailAddress, Name, Organization, WorkPhone, MobilePhone, ‘CF.Functie’”);

On the “basics” page of the user I can see the custom field ‘Functie’ as expected and I can enter a value, e.g. “Manager”
On the “User Summary” page of the user, I can see the custom field as well, I can read the value (“Manager”), but in the “User Information”-box nothing is clickable. (It would be nice if the email address would be a clickable address too)

Can I give you some more information to help me out here?

Best Regards,
Lieven

I made a “Global Custom Field for all users” and gave it the name ‘Functie’ (Sorry, for the Dutch words now and then)
Validation :
Include page :
Active

Set($UserSummaryExtraInfo, “RealName, EmailAddress, Name, Organization, WorkPhone, MobilePhone, ‘CF.Functie’”);

On the “basics” page of the user I can see the custom field ‘Functie’ as expected and I can enter a value, e.g. “Manager”
On the “User Summary” page of the user, I can see the custom field as
well, I can read the value (“Manager”), but in the “User Information”-
box nothing is clickable. (It would be nice if the email address would
be a clickable address too)

So - the problem is that the code we use on the User Summary page is
the same code used when listing Tickets in search results. If you
created a Functie 2, applied it to tickets, gave one ticket a value,
searched for some tickets and made the results show Functie 2 you’d
see that it has the same problem (no link).

The code that displays the Ticket Display page (where this link would
work) is not shared with the code that displays “formatted” results.

Please file a ticket about this, but it’s unfortunately not totally
trivial to do since we’d like to avoid copying code if possible.

-kevin

Anyone a suggestion?
Is a clickable CF in ‘User Summary Display’ possible? Anyone succeeded? If not, than I don’t have to search for possible errors or misconfigurations anymore.

Thanks a lot.

Lieven Bridts

Verzonden: donderdag 24 april 2014 18:39
Onderwerp: Re: [rt-users] Clickable custom field in User Summary display pageOn Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 08:24:48AM +0000, Lieven Bridts wrote:

I think you need to tell us more about what you’ve done to make a clickable CF (Link values to on the CF admin page?) and what you’re putting in your UserSummaryExtraInfo.

-kevin

Well…

Validation :
Include page :
Active

Group rights :
Privileged : view custom fields (SeeCustomField) ; Add, modify and delete custom field values for objects (ModifyCustomField)

In RT_SiteConfig.pm:

Set(%CustomFieldGroupings,
‘RT::Ticket’ => {
‘Basics’ => [‘Domein’, ‘Aard’],
},
‘RT::Asset’ => {
‘Details’ => [‘Type’],
},
‘RT::User’ => {
‘Details’ => [‘CF.Functie’],
}

);

Set(@UserSummaryPortlets, (qw/ExtraInfo CreateTicket ActiveTickets InactiveTickets UserAssets/));

On the “User Summary” page of the user, I can see the custom field as well, I can read the value (“Manager”), but in the “User Information”-box nothing is clickable. (It would be nice if the email address would be a clickable address too)

Best Regards,
Lieven

Anyone a suggestion?
Is a clickable CF in ‘User Summary Display’ possible? Anyone succeeded? If not, than I don’t have to search for possible errors or misconfigurations anymore.

It appears you missed my reply.

-kevin

Oops!

I’m sorry. You’re right. I seemed to have missed your reply.
I understand that it’s not possible to have CF-links on the User Summary Page for now.
That’s a pitty, but I also support your strategy of not copying code.
As suggested, I will create a ticket for this, but surely do understand the low priority.
In the meantime I’ll look for a work-around or alternative way.

Best regards,

Lieven Bridts

Verzonden: woensdag 14 mei 2014 17:27
Onderwerp: Re: [rt-users] Clickable custom field in User Summary display pageOn Wed, May 14, 2014 at 09:18:45AM +0000, Lieven Bridts wrote:

Anyone a suggestion?

It appears you missed my reply.

-kevin