Changing preferences globally

Hi,
Is there any way to change preferences on a global level.
Not just the defaults, but the preferences of those who may have
modified the defaults.
We’re getting a little tired of misuse of the WYSIWYG editor.
Thanks,
Lachlan

Hi,

I am using External Authentication with LDAP. But also would like to add MYSQL as another source for login.

After created a table in rt3 database, I made following changes in RT_SiteConfig.pm:

‘My_MySQL’ => { ## GENERIC SECTION
# The type of service (db/ldap/cookie)
‘type’ => ‘db’,
# The server hosting the service
’server’ => ‘server.domain.tld’,
## SERVICE-SPECIFIC SECTION
# The database name
’database’ => ‘DB_NAME’,
# The database table
’table’ => ‘USERS_TABLE’,
# The user to connect to the database as
’user’ => ‘DB_USER’,
# The password to use to connect with
’pass’ => ‘DB_PASS’,
# The port to use to connect with (e.g. 3306)
‘port’ => ‘DB_PORT’,
# The name of the Perl DBI driver to use (e.g. mysql)
‘dbi_driver’ => ‘DBI_DRIVER’,
# The field in the table that holds usernames
’u_field’ => ‘username’,
# The field in the table that holds passwords
’p_field’ => ‘password’,

# The field and values in the table that determines if a user should
                                                    # be disabled. For example, if the field is 'user_status' and the values
                                                    # are ['0','1','2','disabled'] then the user will be disabled if their
                                                    # user_status is set to '0','1','2' or the string 'disabled'.
                                                    # Otherwise, they will be considered enabled.
                                                    'd_field'                   =>  ' user_status ',
                                                    'd_values'                  =>  ['0'],
                                                    ## RT ATTRIBUTE MATCHING SECTION
                                                    # The list of RT attributes that uniquely identify a user
                                                    'attr_match_list'           =>  [   'Gecos',
                                                                                        'Name'
                                                                                    ],
                                                    # The mapping of RT attributes on to field names
                                                    'attr_map'                  =>  {   'Name' => 'username',
                                                                                        'EmailAddress' => 'email',
                                                                                        'ExternalAuthId' => 'username',
                                                                                        'Gecos' => 'userID'
                                                                                    }
                                                },

Tue 21 Apr 2009 18:06:44 GMT
Michael Mai wrote:

Hi,

I am using External Authentication with LDAP. But also would like to add MYSQL as another source for login.

After created a table in rt3 database, I made following changes in RT_SiteConfig.pm:

and…?

Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England