Change requestor on create based on email content

We are using RT 4.4.3 and I’m still relatively new so looking for the best option. Any help is appreciated!

The scenario: I have Google forms response notification (content includes form answers and email address of the requestor) – which is being sent from our support gmail address as the requestor into RT. The issue is that we have to manually change the requestor from our gmail address to the actual requestor’s email address submitted with the form data.

One option I looked into was the RT::Extension CommandByMail-3.00. I’m not certain how well this works in RT 4.4.3 but might give this a try. I can format the notification email such that there could be a line that was just: Requestor: <email_address>

Is there an easy way to do this with a Scrip or would CommandByMail be the best route? I’m not too experienced with Perl.

Thanks!

It looks like RT::Extension CommandByMail would probably do what you want.

Alternatively, if you’re having to format the email anyway, you could write a script for your MTA to pipe it through which just parses out the email and then sets it as the From: header before in turn passing it to rt-mailgate.

A scrip is an easy solution! Use the “on create” condition then write some code to read the ticket and set the requestor as a custom action.

I’m on mobile so I don’t know how well this will format:

my $content = $self->TransactionObj->Content;

my ($requestor) = $content =~ /some regex to capture requestor/;

$self->TicketObj->DeleteWatcher( remove support address );

$self->TicketObj->AddWatcher( add $requestor);

Thanks for the responses! This gives me a few different things to try. Much appreciated.