CentOS 7

Hi list,

Been trying to install RTIR on CentOS 7. I’m stuck on the make dependencies because somehow the PGP::Interface perlmodule won’t install. I’ve been trying to solve this by manual install of nginx and forced install of PGP::interface.
It still reports the module as missing. Is anyone on the list already experienced in installing RT on CentOS 7 ?

Regards,

Erik

This message is confidential and may be privileged. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, taking any action with reference to this information by persons other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message from all computers. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change. The sender will not accept liability for the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this message.

Spaar het milieu door deze e-mail niet te printen/Please consider the environment before printing this email.

Hi Erik,

I’ve just installed RT on the most recent version of Fedora over the weekend, and ran into the same issue. Maybe we should share our notes :slight_smile:
Instead of force-installing, I’ve installed the package perl-GnuPG-Interface via yum. As I’m still struggling with the postgres setup (or RTs “initialize database” step), I don’t know if there will be any missing modules, at least the “make testdeps” was successful without any complaints.

Kind regards,
MarekFrom: rtir [mailto:rtir-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Post, Erik SOC
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2014 8:53 AM
To: rtir@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: [Rtir] CentOS 7

Hi list,

Been trying to install RTIR on CentOS 7. I’m stuck on the make dependencies because somehow the PGP::Interface perlmodule won’t install. I’ve been trying to solve this by manual install of nginx and forced install of PGP::interface.
It still reports the module as missing. Is anyone on the list already experienced in installing RT on CentOS 7 ?

Regards,

Erik

This message is confidential and may be privileged. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, taking any action with reference to this information by persons other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message from all computers. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change. The sender will not accept liability for the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this message.

Spaar het milieu door deze e-mail niet te printen/Please consider the environment before printing this email.

Sitz der Gesellschaft / Corporate Headquarters: Lufthansa Systems Aktiengesellschaft, Kelsterbach, Registereintragung / Registration: Amtsgericht Darmstadt 84307
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats / Chairperson of the Supervisory Board: Simone Menne
Vorstand / Executive Board: Stefan Hansen (Vorsitzender / Chairman), Dr. Gunter Kuechler

Been trying to install RTIR on CentOS 7. I’m stuck on the make dependencies
because somehow the PGP::Interface perlmodule won’t install. I’ve been trying
to solve this by manual install of nginx and forced install of PGP::interface.

It still reports the module as missing. Is anyone on the list already
experienced in installing RT on CentOS 7 ?

I assume you mean GnuPG::Interface?

What’s the error message about that module.
How did you install it manually?

-kevin

Hi,

Sorry for taking so long to answer. I’ve added another email address to the list which resides on my test system to speed up my replies.
My next reply will be coming from my personal email address which is ejjpost@gmail.com

@Kevin:

Indeed, I mean the GnuPG::Interface.
So far, I’ve tried:

[root@localhost rt-4.2.9] yum install perl-GnuPG-interface
[root@localhost rt-4.2.9] cpan -force install#GnuPG-Interface#

after:
[root@localhost rt-4.2.9] make testdeps

I still get :

GPG missing dependencies:
GnuPG::Interface …MISSING

Erik

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: rtir [mailto:rtir-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] Namens Kevin Falcone
Verzonden: maandag 8 december 2014 19:49
Aan: rtir@lists.bestpractical.com
Onderwerp: Re: [Rtir] CentOS 7

• PGP Signed by an unknown keyOn Mon, Dec 08, 2014 at 07:52:59AM +0000, Post, Erik SOC wrote:

Been trying to install RTIR on CentOS 7. I’m stuck on the make
dependencies because somehow the PGP::Interface perlmodule won’t
install. I’ve been trying to solve this by manual install of nginx and forced install of PGP::interface.

It still reports the module as missing. Is anyone n the list already
experienced in installing RT on CentOS 7 ?

I assume you mean GnuPG::Interface?

What’s the error message about that module.
How did you install it manually?

-kevin

• Unknown Key
  • 0x9E42250A

So far, I’ve tried:

That second command doesn’t look like a valid command

after:

I still get :

Unfortunately, by eliding all of the output of these commands, nobody
can really help except by guessing at the problem. In particular,
the yum and cpan output and the line immediately after make testdeps
would answer a number of questions.

-kevin

Ok, that’s what you get for messing around with stuff you have no knowledge of. I corrected the command and removed the #
These were in an example command I found, I copied it literally. I’ll give it another try, I’ll get back to you when it doesn’t work again.

Cheers,
Erik

Van: rtir [mailto:rtir-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] Namens Kevin Falcone
Verzonden: woensdag 17 december 2014 0:01
Aan: rtir@lists.bestpractical.com

• PGP Signed by an unknown key

So far, I’ve tried:

That second command doesn’t look like a valid command

after:

I still get :

Unfortunately, by eliding all of the output of these commands, nobody can really help except by guessing at the problem. In particular, the yum and cpan output and the line immediately after make testdeps would answer a number of questions.

-kevin

• Unknown Key
  • 0x9E42250A

Ok, that’s what you get for messing around with stuff you have no
knowledge of. I corrected the command and removed the # These were in
an example command I found, I copied it literally. I’ll give it
another try, I’ll get back to you when it doesn’t work again.

I’ve just uploaded version 0.51, which should fix the failures. You
should be able to install it via:

cpan install GnuPG::Interface

• Alex

Hm,

Still not working out :

Test Summary Report
t/encrypt.t (Wstat: 0 Tests: 3 Failed: 1)
Failed test: 1
Files=20, Tests=51, 7 wallclock secs ( 0.10 usr 0.05 sys + 6.00 cusr 0.77 csys = 6.92 CPU)
Result: FAIL
Failed 1/20 test programs. 1/51 subtests failed.
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 255
ALEXMV/GnuPG-Interface-0.51.tar.gz
/usr/bin/make test – NOT OK
//hint// to see the cpan-testers results for installing this module, try:
reports ALEXMV/GnuPG-Interface-0.51.tar.gz
Running make install
make test had returned bad status, won’t install without force
Failed during this command:
ALEXMV/GnuPG-Interface-0.51.tar.gz : make_test NO

-Erik

Van: Alex Vandiver [mailto:alexmv@bestpractical.com]
Verzonden: woensdag 17 december 2014 20:36
Aan: Post, Erik SOC; rtir@lists.bestpractical.com
Onderwerp: Re: [Rtir] CentOS 7On 12/17/2014 02:51 AM, Post, Erik SOC wrote:

I’ve just uploaded version 0.51, which should fix the failures. You should be able to install it via:

• Alex

I have CentOS running in a VM. Did a clean install today and reinstalled RT.
At the end I still had to force the installation of GnuPG::Interface through the "force install " command on the cpan prompt.
That did the trick though. It installed as smooth as a baby’s bottom.
Thx for the help.

-Erik

Van: rtir [mailto:rtir-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] Namens Post, Erik SOC
Verzonden: donderdag 18 december 2014 13:38
Aan: Alex Vandiver; rtir@lists.bestpractical.com

Hm,

Still not working out :

Test Summary Report
t/encrypt.t (Wstat: 0 Tests: 3 Failed: 1)
Failed test: 1
Files=20, Tests=51, 7 wallclock secs ( 0.10 usr 0.05 sys + 6.00 cusr 0.77 csys = 6.92 CPU)
Result: FAIL
Failed 1/20 test programs. 1/51 subtests failed.
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 255
ALEXMV/GnuPG-Interface-0.51.tar.gz
/usr/bin/make test – NOT OK
//hint// to see the cpan-testers results for installing this module, try:
reports ALEXMV/GnuPG-Interface-0.51.tar.gz
Running make install
make test had returned bad status, won’t install without force Failed during this command:
ALEXMV/GnuPG-Interface-0.51.tar.gz : make_test NO

-Erik

Van: Alex Vandiver [mailto:alexmv@bestpractical.com]
Verzonden: woensdag 17 december 2014 20:36
Aan: Post, Erik SOC; rtir@lists.bestpractical.com
Onderwerp: Re: [Rtir] CentOS 7On 12/17/2014 02:51 AM, Post, Erik SOC wrote:

I’ve just uploaded version 0.51, which should fix the failures. You should be able to install it via:

• Alex