Bump: Grouping of un-priv user tickets

Don’t usually like to bump threads, but sometimes they get lost amongst the traffic. Anyone have any thoughts on this?From: rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com on behalf of Ben Robson
Sent: Tue 28/03/2006 2:36 PM
To: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: [rt-users] Grouping of un-priv user tickets

All,

I, along with others I believe, have been struggling with the issue of allowing un-priv users who work for the same company (customer) to see each others tickets.

I have a scrip in place that currently checks the Organization ( my $organization = $self->TransactionObj->CreatorObj->__Value(‘Organization’); ) of the creator of the ticket and then proceeds to add the details to the CC list of the ticket for all other users who’s organization is the same value.

This works great, up to a point…

In the event that the Requestor is not the Creator, for example when the requestor calls the company’s helpdesk and a helpdesk operator completes the ticket, the Creator’s organization details are used and not the Requestor’s.

This means that when a member of the Requesting company goes to view tickets the created ticket may not be vissible, unless they are explicitly the individual who requested it.

Below is my “Customer action preparation code”. Can anyone see how this might be modified such that rather than getting the Creator’s organization on the first line, it gets the Requestor’s organization instead?

my $organization = $self->TransactionObj->CreatorObj->__Value(‘Organization’);
my $users = new RT::Users($RT::SystemUser);
my $cclist = $self->TicketObj->Cc;

while( my $user = $users->Next )
{
my $userOrg=$user->Organization;
if ($organization eq $userOrg) {
$cclist->AddMember($user->id)
}
$RT::Logger->info( “OnCreateCCDomain scrip added “. $user->Name .” as a CC!” );
}

Thanks all, I am sure many may find this useful.

Ben Robson

This email (including all attachments) is intended solely for the named addressee. It is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. If you receive it in error, please let us know by reply email, do not disclose any information contained in it, delete it from your system and destroy any copies. This email is also subject to copyright. No part of it should be reproduced, adapted or transmitted without the written consent of the copyright owner. Emails may be interfered with, may contain computer viruses or other defects and may not be successfully replicated on other systems.

We give no warranties in relation to these matters. If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email purportedly sent by us, please contact us immediately. Privacy - Please be aware that information provided in response to this email may contain personal information, which Classic Blue may collect, and use for the purposes of marketing information technology products and services to you. For further information regarding Classic Blue’s privacy policies please refer to www.classicblue.com.au

This email (including all attachments) is intended solely for the named addressee. It is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. If you receive it in error, please let us know by reply email, do not disclose any information contained in it, delete it from your system and destroy any copies. This email is also subject to copyright. No part of it should be reproduced, adapted or transmitted without the written consent of the copyright owner. Emails may be interfered with, may contain computer viruses or other defects and may not be successfully replicated on other systems.

We give no warranties in relation to these matters. If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email purportedly sent by us, please contact us immediately. Privacy - Please be aware that information provided in response to this email may contain personal information, which Classic Blue may collect, and use for the purposes of marketing information technology products and services to you. For further information regarding Classic Blue’s privacy policies please refer to www.classicblue.com.au

ATT970989.txt (424 Bytes)