Bulk setup and external auth

Hi to all of you,

I’ve set up a rt-box and it works very well so far. Now I’m having a couple of questions.

1.) Is there any way to import a csv file with users into rt? I’ve to manage nearly 150 users and it is very ugly to set them up by hand :frowning:

2.) In rt 2.x there were tools for using LDAP. Is there a way to authorise the users with LDAP in rt 3 or better to import them in rt3 from a LDAP source such as Lotus Notes? Would also resolve the import problem. :slight_smile:

Any help and glues are very welcome.

My Configuration:
SuSE 8.2
rt 3.0.2
mysql 4.0.x
apache 1.3.27
modperl1

Arne

Whenever you think things can’t go even more worse, someone stupid shows you the opposite…

2.) In rt 2.x there were tools for using LDAP. Is there a way to authorise the users with LDAP in rt 3 or better to import them in rt3 from a LDAP source such as Lotus Notes? Would also resolve the import problem. :slight_smile:

Check the archives, I sent some stuff for authorising users based on some
of the rt2 stuff for rt3.

rtimport was able to import data for rt3 from LDAP with minor changes.

Cheers,

Stewart

“Scott A. McIntyre” scott@xs4all.net schrieb am 26.05.03 09:13:25:

Hi to all of you,

I’ve set up a rt-box and it works very well so far. Now I’m having a
couple of questions.

1.) Is there any way to import a csv file with users into rt? I’ve to
manage nearly 150 users and it is very ugly to set them up by hand :frowning:

You’d have to take the CSV data and wrap it / push it though
$RTHOME/bin/rt-admin, which allows you to create and modify users, queues,
etc…however, I’ve never had it working right.

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott,

thanks for that idea… but where the heck is the tool? I installed the 3.0.2 version, but I can’t find rt-admin in $RTHOME/bin? Am I missing something or was it removed in RT 3?

My Configuration:
SuSE 8.2
rt 3.0.2
mysql 4.0.13
apache 1.3.27
modperl1 1.27

Arne

Whenever you think things can’t go even more worse, someone stupid shows you the opposite…

Stewart James stewart.james@vu.edu.au schrieb am 26.05.03 09:11:14:

Check the archives, I sent some stuff for authorising users based on some
of the rt2 stuff for rt3.

rtimport was able to import data for rt3 from LDAP with minor changes.

Cheers,

Stewart

Hi Stewart,

thanks for that hint. I searched through the archive, but only find ein “text” with your comments. Can you please send the two modules to me again? I’ll try to implement them rightaway. If possible, I’ll try to change them as needed to release them back to the community.

cheers

Arne