Blank home page after 5.0.1 -> 5.0.2 upgrade

I just upgraded from RT 5.0.1 to 5.0.2 (along with a slew of other upgrades on the system, such as Apache and various Perl modules) and the home (or “RT at a glance”) is now blank, as shown in the screen shot below.

Other things appear to work. I can login and logout, look up tickets, run searches, etc. When I login as the root account and go to “RT at a glance” under the user preferences or the global settings, there are no dashboards visible. Screenshots below, again.

Any idea what happened or what I should do next?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Under Admin->Tools->System configuration what does the 5.0.2 upgrade step under the “Upgrade” section say?

Do you mean this?

It looks like you haven’t ran the 5.0.2 upgrade step, this converts the existing homepage into a dashboard

Got it! I ran “pkg upgrade” on FreeBSD, which installed the new FILES but didn’t run the database schema updater script. By using “pkg info -D rt50 | more” I was able to view the post-installation message again. It advised me to run “/usr/local/sbin/rt-setup-database --datadir /usr/local/share/doc/rt50/upgrade --action upgrade --prompt-for-dba-password”, which took care of the issue.

2 Likes

You’re definitely correct. Thank you so much for the help. I’ve included my particular steps in a reply, since they’re specific to FreeBSD systems with sysadmins that like to use the “pkg” command for upgrades.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this update. It was very useful.