Binary attachments corrupt

Hi there,

we moved our old RT installation to a new server.
old installation:

  • Debian 4.0
  • rt-3.4.2
  • MySQL 5.0

Instead of copying the old binaries to the new server and upgrading them
we made a fresh installation of the binaries (rt-3.8.1) on the new server (Debian 4.0;
MySQL 5.0).
After the upgrade, I had the problems described in UPGRADING.mysql:

  • multiple login requests
  • corrupt binaries

We fixed the login problems.
Do I have to apply mysql 4.0->4.1 schema changes to make the binaries work properly,
although the old rt installation was working with MySQL 5.0?

I also read about changing the type in the Database:

ALTER TABLE Attachments CHANGE Content Content LONGBLOB NULL;
(http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/58098#58098)

How can I fix this problem?

Thanks,
Andrᅵ
Andrᅵ Esser

Hi there,

we moved our old RT installation to a new server.
old installation:

  • Debian 4.0
  • rt-3.4.2
  • MySQL 5.0

Instead of copying the old binaries to the new server and upgrading them
we made a fresh installation of the binaries (rt-3.8.1) on the new server (Debian 4.0;
MySQL 5.0).
After the upgrade, I had the problems described in UPGRADING.mysql:

  • multiple login requests
  • corrupt binaries

We fixed the login problems.
Do I have to apply mysql 4.0->4.1 schema changes to make the binaries work properly,
although the old rt installation was working with MySQL 5.0?
Yes, you MUST. Yes, it was working.

I also read about changing the type in the Database:

ALTER TABLE Attachments CHANGE Content Content LONGBLOB NULL;
(http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/58098#58098)

This query will be part of applying 4.0-4.1 schema change.

How can I fix this problem?

Thanks,
André

André Esser


http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com

Best regards, Ruslan.

After the upgrade, I had the problems described in UPGRADING.mysql:

  • multiple login requests
  • corrupt binaries

hi andré

I had the same problem with corrupted attachments after a 3.8.1 upgrade,
I solved this problem yesterday by adding the paramater
"–default-character-set=binary" when I dump the old database and when I
import the dump into the new one.

here is the whole upgrade produre i’ve done :

oldserver# mysqldump --default-character-set=binary -u root -p $rtdb>
dump.sql

newserver# mysql --default-character-set=binary -u root -p $rtdb < dump.sql

newserver# rt-setup-database -dba root --prompt-for-dba-password --action
upgrade
(from 3.6.0 -> 3.8.0)

newserver# perl
/etc/request-tracker3.8/upgrade/schema.mysql-4.0-4.1.pl$rtdb $rtuser
$rtuser_passwd > sql.queries

newserver# mysql -u root -p $rtdb< sql.queries

newserver# rt-setup-database -dba root --prompt-for-dba-password --action
upgrade
(from 3.8.0 -> 3.8.1)

Rémi