AW: AW: international characters error again/still in RT 3.0.2pre5

| > I’m using RT 3.0.2pre5
| > and tried the same - thanks for the info …
| > now it works in the webinterface but
| > auto-replies and all the outgoing mails
| > are still wrong …
|
| I guess your mail tool (MUA) does not support utf-8. For
| compatibility
| reasons we change EmailOuputEncoding on the same place
| (RT_SiteConfig.pm)
| to iso-8859-1. We will later test with iso-8859-15 for the
| Eurosign working.
|
| But for now, all seems to be perfect.

I’ve also tried this … makes no difference …
mail is still delivered with malformed characters …

greets,
tom

Hello,

–Am Mittwoch, 7. Mai 2003 15:17 Uhr +0200 schrieb "Knaupp, Thomas"
Thomas.Knaupp@schwarz.de:

I’ve also tried this … makes no difference …
mail is still delivered with malformed characters …

did you restart your apache later on?

after updating to RT 3.0.2pre6 I still get the wrong
characters in outgoing mails …
there is no difference between using
Set($EmailOutputEncoding , ‘iso-8859-1’);
or
Set($EmailOutputEncoding , ‘utf-8’);

| -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
| Von: Dirk Pape [mailto:pape-rt@inf.fu-berlin.de]
| Gesendet: Mittwoch, 7. Mai 2003 15:25
| An: Knaupp, Thomas; rt-users@lists.fsck.com
| Betreff: Re: AW: AW: [rt-users] international characters error
| again/still in RT 3.0.2pre5
|
|
| Hello,
|
| --Am Mittwoch, 7. Mai 2003 15:17 Uhr +0200 schrieb “Knaupp, Thomas”
| Thomas.Knaupp@schwarz.de:
|
| > I’ve also tried this … makes no difference …
| > mail is still delivered with malformed characters …
|
| did you restart your apache later on?
|
|
|

no difference for me when using iso-8859-15 …

really strange: the subject line is always
showing the umlauts perfectly but every umlaut
in the message body is malformed …

regards,
Tom

| -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
| Von: Harald Wagener [mailto:hwagener@hamburg.fcb.com]
| Gesendet: Mittwoch, 7. Mai 2003 16:29
| An: rt-users@lists.fsck.com
| Betreff: Re: AW: [rt-users] international characters error
| again/still
| in RT 3.0.2pre5
|
|
|
| On Mittwoch, Mai 7, 2003, at 03:07 Uhr, Dirk Pape wrote:
| >
| > I guess your mail tool (MUA) does not support utf-8. For
| compatibility
| > reasons we change EmailOuputEncoding on the same place
| > (RT_SiteConfig.pm) to iso-8859-1. We will later test with
| iso-8859-15
| > for the Eurosign working.
|
| 8859-15 works fine over here. Right now I deem our switch
| over to RT 3
| as a stunning success! Except for the crunchy bits that were
| not at all
| caused by RT, but rather uncovered by it.
|
| Regards,
| Harald

Harald Wagener * FCB/Wilkens * An der Alster 42 * 20099 Hamburg