Auto update status

Hi Guys,

Using RT 5.0.5

When a member of the support team responds to a ticket, I’d like the status to auto update to ‘Waiting’

How would I do this?

(Waiting ) for customer has been defined. My plan is to auto resolve this status of there isn’t any activity for the customer for a set period of time

regards

Hi,

I never do that, but in documentation you will found exactly what you need.
Automating rt - RT 5.0.5 Documentation - Best Practical

Auto-resolve Aged Tickets

You can auto-set status based on any criteria you can define in a TicketSQL statement. For example, this command will resolve all active tickets that haven’t been acted on in a month or more:

/opt/rt5/bin/rt-crontool --search RT::Search::FromSQL \
        --search-arg "(Status != 'resolved' AND Status != 'rejected') \
                       AND LastUpdated <= '1 month ago'" \
        --action RT::Action::SetStatus \
        --action-arg resolved

The search is similar to the previous example with a slightly more complicated search argument. Note that since LastUpdated is treated as a timestamp (which increases over time) LastUpdated <= '1 month ago' means “the timestamp when it was updated is before the timestamp one month ago” and not “updated less than a month ago.”

The --action in this case uses the RT::Action::SetStatus module with an --action-arg of resolved. For each of the tickets returned from the search query, the status is set to resolved. When setting up automated tasks, you can use actions provided as part of RT, actions available from extensions, or actions you create yourself.

As noted previously, the normal RT rules apply when running actions with rt-crontool, so for this example applicable ‘On Resolve’ scrips will run. If a ticket has unresolved dependencies, it will log an error since tickets can’t be resolved until dependencies are resolved. Also, the status argument must be valid for the lifecycle of the selected tickets, and the transition must be allowed.

You can give a try to the API too:
RT::REST2 - RT 5.0.5 Documentation - Best Practical