Auto of office replies

Hi all,

I have an application the generates reports and sends to my users.
The “reply to” address in the emails is a distribution list that points to one of my RT queues.
When uses are out of office and have the auto reply turned on, their reply is sent to the distribution list that passes the email to all it’s members, thus an auto generated email lands to my RT system (3.8.5).
My problem is that although RT filters any auto generated (header has “Auto-Submitted: auto-replied” and “Precedence: bulk”) incoming messages send directly to the queue’s email, when sent via the distribution list the messages pass into the queue and create new tickets.

Has anyone else had a similar problem or knows the cause of this? Is there a fix for this or do I have to bare with the unwanted tickets?

Kind Regards
Nik

Hi Nik,

You could try adding a “Precedence: bulk” header to your outgoing mail
and hope that the user’s mail client refrains from responding.

GeneOn 4/9/2010 12:05 AM, Nikolas Chrysandreas wrote:

Hi all,

I have an application the generates reports and sends to my users.
The “reply to” address in the emails is a distribution list that points to one of my RT queues.
When uses are out of office and have the auto reply turned on, their reply is sent to the distribution list that passes the email to all it’s members, thus an auto generated email lands to my RT system (3.8.5).
My problem is that although RT filters any auto generated (header has “Auto-Submitted: auto-replied” and “Precedence: bulk”) incoming messages send directly to the queue’s email, when sent via the distribution list the messages pass into the queue and create new tickets.

Has anyone else had a similar problem or knows the cause of this? Is there a fix for this or do I have to bare with the unwanted tickets?

Kind Regards
Nik

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com