Approval Queue Approved/Rejected Templates and "Parent" Request Correspondence

Hey Everyone,

So we’re utilizing approvals, and when an approver approvals or rejects a request, the owner of the “parent” request gets double notifications. The first is from the templates:

Approval Passed
All Approvals Passed
Approval Rejected

the 2nd email is the fact that it puts the notes from the approver as correspondence on the original request. It looks like the template names are hard coded into the code, so if I were to rename them (as to not delete them) what would that break?

or is there a way to filter the and id that it’s correspondence from the approval system and not send that email notification out but send others out? we want to be able to receive correspondence updated, i might be able to filter on the subject since that’s defined from the approval template?

thoughts? or am I missing a simple fix?

Nicola

Hey Everyone,

So we’re utilizing approvals, and when an approver approvals or rejects a request, the owner
of the “parent” request gets double notifications. The first is from the templates:

Approval Passed
All Approvals Passed
Approval Rejected

the 2nd email is the fact that it puts the notes from the approver as correspondence on the
original request. It looks like the template names are hard coded into the code, so if I were
to rename them (as to not delete them) what would that break?

or is there a way to filter the and id that it’s correspondence from the approval system and
not send that email notification out but send others out? we want to be able to receive
correspondence updated, i might be able to filter on the subject since that’s defined from the
approval template?

I suspect you actually just want a blank Correspondence or Admin
Correspondence template in the ___Approvals queue, so that the normal
On Correspond Notify Foo scrip won’t send mail for that queue

-kevin

Oh good idea! So if the template is “blank” it essentially won’t do anything?

I’ll give that a try!

Thanks!

Nicola-----Original Message-----
From: rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com on behalf of Kevin Falcone
Sent: Wed 3/3/2010 9:13 AM
To: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Approval Queue Approved/Rejected Templates and “Parent” Request Correspondence

On Tue, Mar 02, 2010 at 11:33:24PM -0600, Foggi, Nicola wrote:

Hey Everyone,

So we’re utilizing approvals, and when an approver approvals or rejects a request, the owner
of the “parent” request gets double notifications. The first is from the templates:

Approval Passed
All Approvals Passed
Approval Rejected

the 2nd email is the fact that it puts the notes from the approver as correspondence on the
original request. It looks like the template names are hard coded into the code, so if I were
to rename them (as to not delete them) what would that break?

or is there a way to filter the and id that it’s correspondence from the approval system and
not send that email notification out but send others out? we want to be able to receive
correspondence updated, i might be able to filter on the subject since that’s defined from the
approval template?

I suspect you actually just want a blank Correspondence or Admin
Correspondence template in the ___Approvals queue, so that the normal
On Correspond Notify Foo scrip won’t send mail for that queue

-kevin