Approval process for ticket closure

Hi All

I am trying to create an approval process for ticket closure.

I know this may sound strange at first… The business reason behind this is an ISO-requirement when tracking quality management issues, e.g. a somebody has to approve the implemented measure(s) is/are working within the specified boundaries.

So far all my attempts end up in a approve == ticket goes back to open / deny ticket goes to reject status which are both not helpful. The required situation would be approve == status goes to close / reject == status goes/stays back at open.

Is there some way to achive this approval process?

Regards
Roman

You want the approval ticket getting set to “approved” to then set the parent ticket to closed?

if the approval is positive i want the parent ticket to be closed (or if easier to achieve stay closed), otherwise the parent should stay open (or be re-opened).

I believe you could create an RT::Scrip that uses a user defined condition to check for a approval deny/approve and then perform some logic like setting the linked tickets status to closed in the custom action.

just to check if I get our idea right: that custom scrip would go to the ___Approvals queue and be called at ‘on resolve’ to its magic?

Are you able to apply scrips to the __Approvals queue? If not you may need to do some checks in the user defined section to see if the ticket being resolved is an approvals ticket

Maybe something like this for the custom condition:

if ( $self->TicketObj->QueueObj->Name eq '___Approvals'  && $self->TransactionObj->Type eq 'Status' ) {
   return 1;
}
return 0;

I don’t have the final code ready for you but here are my thoughts:

• Create a Scrip “On Status Change”
  • Use this snippet to check for your approvals queue:
    if ($ticket->QueueObj->Name eq ‘APPROVALS’){
    if($self->TicketObj->Status eq ‘resolved’){
    ResolveLinkedTicket;
    }
    if($self->TicketObj->Status eq ‘resolved’){
    ReopenLinkedTicket;
    }
    }
  • For the referring ticket you should be able to use something like $self->TicketObj->RefersTo
  • To Close a ticket use SetStatus(‘resolved’) on the ticket that is referred to

Let me know your progress with setting up the scrip and I will be happy to try to assist you.

Best regards,
Andreas