Anyone installed RT on Mandrake - Help?

Hi,

I’m no expert a this but I have the basics of RT running, I’ve setup
users and test queues. It’s simply a great helpdesk.
The problem I have is that to get it going, I had to make some compromises.

1 - Had to remove suexec
2 - It will not run as a virtual host. It tells me I cannot have
"FastCgiIpcDir /tmp", “FastCgiServer”, ScriptAlias" in the virtual
host’s section. So I have not worked out how to set this up as a virtual
host. It hogs the whole server in it’s current state; No other web apps
will run.

I have read and installed using the info from
"http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?FastCGIConfiguration", but
Mandrake’s apache must do it a little different.

Mandrake 10.0 splits it up into the following relevant files. To get it
working I had to do the following:

httpd2.conf
Fastcgi module loaded,

commonhttpd.conf

Pass through requests to display images

Alias /NoAuth/images/ /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/

Tell FastCGI to put its temporary files somewhere sane.

FastCgiIpcDir /tmp

Number of processes is tunable, but you need at least 3 or 4

FastCgiServer /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 120
-processes 4

##AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/

vhosts/Vhosts.conf

ServerName helpdesk.staff
####ServerPath /usr/local/rt3/share/html
DocumentRoot /usr/local/rt3/share/html
####Alias /rt /usr/local/rt3/share/html
Alias /NoAuth/images/ /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/
AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
<Location /NoAuth/images >
SetHandler default-handler

Could you send me your Mandrake/Apache conf files? I’ve gone with
fastcgi and RT-3.2.2 with Apache2. I’d rather not move the helpdesk off
this server.

Thanks,
Chris

I just setup RT 3.2.2 on a Mandrake 10.0 with fastcgi and Apache 2 and
Mysql 4
Everything was from rpms, except mod_fastcgi.

Download mod_fastcgi-2.4.2 and edit the Makefile changing these three lines
because the Apache2 rpm install splits the lib and include directories.
top_dir = /usr/lib/apache2
INCLUDES=-I/usr/include/apache2
LIBS=-L/usr/lib/apache2
Then make and install the fastcgi program

Add this line to the /etc/httpd/conf/httpd2.conf file in
LoadModule fastcgi_module modules/mod_fastcgi.so

Then I added this module to the /etc/httpd/conf/commonhttpd.conf file

AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
FastCgiIpcDir /tmp
FastCgiServer /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 120
-processes 4

Then my /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/Vhosts.conf file has this entry

ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/

Make sure you don’t have any mod_perl rpms installed.

John Giles
john@trdlnk.comOn Fri, 22 Oct 2004 21:11:55 +1000, Christopher Welsh cpwe@deakin.edu.au wrote:

Hi,

I’m no expert a this but I have the basics of RT running, I’ve setup
users and test queues. It’s simply a great helpdesk.
The problem I have is that to get it going, I had to make some
compromises.

1 - Had to remove suexec
2 - It will not run as a virtual host. It tells me I cannot have
"FastCgiIpcDir /tmp", “FastCgiServer”, ScriptAlias" in the virtual
host’s section. So I have not worked out how to set this up as a virtual
host. It hogs the whole server in it’s current state; No other web apps
will run.

I have read and installed using the info from
"http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?FastCGIConfiguration", but
Mandrake’s apache must do it a little different.

Mandrake 10.0 splits it up into the following relevant files. To get it
working I had to do the following:

httpd2.conf

Fastcgi module loaded,

commonhttpd.conf

Pass through requests to display images

Alias /NoAuth/images/ /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/

Tell FastCGI to put its temporary files somewhere sane.

FastCgiIpcDir /tmp

Number of processes is tunable, but you need at least 3 or 4

FastCgiServer /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 120
-processes 4

##AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/

vhosts/Vhosts.conf

ServerName helpdesk.staff ####ServerPath /usr/local/rt3/share/html DocumentRoot /usr/local/rt3/share/html ####Alias /rt /usr/local/rt3/share/html #### #### Alias /NoAuth/images/ /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/ #### AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/ #### SetHandler default-handler ####

Could you send me your Mandrake/Apache conf files? I’ve gone with
fastcgi and RT-3.2.2 with Apache2. I’d rather not move the helpdesk off
this server.

Thanks,
Chris


http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Be sure to check out the RT wiki at http://wiki.bestpractical.com

John,

Thanks kindly. I did not know there were rpms for Mandrake, and will try
it. I’m naive but, is there a reason why mod_perl has to be removed?

Thanks
Chris

John Giles wrote:

Sorry, there is no rpm for RT… My mistake…
Apache2 MySQL Perl from rpms…
RT 322 and fastcgi from source…

JohnOn Fri, 22 Oct 2004 23:17:13 +1000, Christopher Welsh cpwe@deakin.edu.au wrote:

John,

Thanks kindly. I did not know there were rpms for Mandrake, and will try
it. I’m naive but, is there a reason why mod_perl has to be removed?

Thanks
Chris

John Giles wrote:

I just setup RT 3.2.2 on a Mandrake 10.0 with fastcgi and Apache 2 and
Mysql 4
Everything was from rpms, except mod_fastcgi.

Download mod_fastcgi-2.4.2 and edit the Makefile changing these three
lines
because the Apache2 rpm install splits the lib and include directories.

top_dir = /usr/lib/apache2
INCLUDES=-I/usr/include/apache2
LIBS=-L/usr/lib/apache2

Then make and install the fastcgi program

Add this line to the /etc/httpd/conf/httpd2.conf file in
– LoadModule fastcgi_module modules/mod_fastcgi.so
– Then I added this module to the /etc/httpd/conf/commonhttpd.conf file


AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
FastCgiIpcDir /tmp
FastCgiServer /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout
120 -processes 4

Then my /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/Vhosts.conf file has this entry

ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/

– Make sure you don’t have any mod_perl rpms installed.

John Giles
john@trdlnk.com

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 21:11:55 +1000, Christopher Welsh cpwe@deakin.edu.au wrote:

Hi,

I’m no expert a this but I have the basics of RT running, I’ve setup
users and test queues. It’s simply a great helpdesk.
The problem I have is that to get it going, I had to make some
compromises.

1 - Had to remove suexec
2 - It will not run as a virtual host. It tells me I cannot have
"FastCgiIpcDir /tmp", “FastCgiServer”, ScriptAlias" in the virtual
host’s section. So I have not worked out how to set this up as a
virtual host. It hogs the whole server in it’s current state; No
other web apps will run.

I have read and installed using the info from
"http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?FastCGIConfiguration", but
Mandrake’s apache must do it a little different.

Mandrake 10.0 splits it up into the following relevant files. To get
it working I had to do the following:

httpd2.conf

Fastcgi module loaded,

commonhttpd.conf

Pass through requests to display images

Alias /NoAuth/images/ /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/

Tell FastCGI to put its temporary files somewhere sane.

FastCgiIpcDir /tmp

Number of processes is tunable, but you need at least 3 or 4

FastCgiServer /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 120
-processes 4

##AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/

vhosts/Vhosts.conf

ServerName helpdesk.staff ####ServerPath /usr/local/rt3/share/html DocumentRoot /usr/local/rt3/share/html ####Alias /rt /usr/local/rt3/share/html #### #### Alias /NoAuth/images/ /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/ #### AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/ #### SetHandler default-handler ####

Could you send me your Mandrake/Apache conf files? I’ve gone with
fastcgi and RT-3.2.2 with Apache2. I’d rather not move the helpdesk
off this server.

Thanks,
Chris


http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Be sure to check out the RT wiki at http://wiki.bestpractical.com

John,

Thanks, looks like that did the trick.

Wishing you well,
Chris Welsh

John Giles wrote:

Sorry, my mistake again… :slight_smile:

The below section is correct not the commented >>> one

ServerName rt322 ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/

I also needed a vitual interface for the above ip_address

-john>>> On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 07:19:10 -0500, John Giles john@trdlnk.com wrote:

Then my /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/Vhosts.conf file has this entry


ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/

Thanks John,

But I cannot seem to get both virtual hosts in my Vhost.conf file to
work together. It seems to only use sjcsms.staff. when I type in
http://helpdesk.staff I only get the sjcsms.staff page. Any suggestions?
These are the same IP, named virtual hosts.

ServerName helpdesk.staff DocumentRoot /home/sjcsms/public_html Alias /sjcsms /home/sjcsms/public_html ServerName helpdesk.staff ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/ DocumentRoot /usr/local/rt3/share/html SetHandler default-handler

Chris

John Giles wrote:

Christopher Welsh wrote:

Thanks John,

But I cannot seem to get both virtual hosts in my Vhost.conf file to
work together. It seems to only use sjcsms.staff. when I type in
http://helpdesk.staff I only get the sjcsms.staff page. Any suggestions?
These are the same IP, named virtual hosts.

ServerName helpdesk.staff DocumentRoot /home/sjcsms/public_html Alias /sjcsms /home/sjcsms/public_html ServerName helpdesk.staff ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/ DocumentRoot /usr/local/rt3/share/html SetHandler default-handler

I think you want to have something like:

<VirtualHost *>
ServerName sjcsms.staff
DocumentRoot /home/sjcsms/public_html
Alias /sjcsms /home/sjcsms/public_html

<VirtualHost *>
ServerName helpdesk.staff
ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
DocumentRoot /usr/local/rt3/share/html
<Location /NoAuth/images >
SetHandler default-handler

instead.

Also make sure you have

NameVirtualHost *

defined.

Graham

Christopher

Try

NameVirtualHost addr[:port]

<VirtualHost addr[:port]>
ServerName sjcsms.staff
DocumentRoot /home/sjcsms/public_html
Alias /sjcsms /home/sjcsms/public_html

<VirtualHost addr[:port]>
ServerName helpdesk.staff
ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
DocumentRoot /usr/local/rt3/share/html
<Location /NoAuth/images >
SetHandler default-handler

See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#virtualhost
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#servername

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Welsh [mailto:cpwe@deakin.edu.au]
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2004 7:27 PM
To: John Giles
Cc: rt-users
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Anyone installed RT on Mandrake - Help?

Thanks John,

But I cannot seem to get both virtual hosts in my Vhost.conf file to
work together. It seems to only use sjcsms.staff. when I type in
http://helpdesk.staff I only get the sjcsms.staff page. Any
suggestions?
These are the same IP, named virtual hosts.

ServerName helpdesk.staff DocumentRoot /home/sjcsms/public_html Alias /sjcsms /home/sjcsms/public_html ServerName helpdesk.staff ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/ DocumentRoot /usr/local/rt3/share/html SetHandler default-handler

Chris

[…]

Best regards, Vicki

Hello

Upgraded installation from RT 3.0.8 to 3.2.2
Mandrake 10.0
Apache 2
fastcgi
Mysql 4
Perl 5.8.3

When I click on a ticket, the ticket information shows in the main area,
but the links on the left are not correctly updating. The same happens
if I click on the Tickets link in the upper left section. It does not
show me the New Search sublink.

In RT 3.0.8 when displaying a ticket the left column shows:
Home
Tickets
Search
New Search
#14291
Display
History
Basics
Dates
People
Links
Jumbo
RTFM
Configuration
Preferences
Approval
Statistics

But in RT 3.2.2 when displaying a ticket, the left column shows this
without
the sublinks:
Home
Tickets
RTFM
Configuration
Preferences
Approval
Statistics

NOTE: When I click on other links in that left side, ex Configuration,
Preferences.
They update properly with sublinks, it’s just the Tickets link ???

John Giles
john@trdlnk.com