For the last few days we had some issues when somebody did a mistake in
the “To:” field creating new mail in Outlook. This is bad and now we are
thinking about handling customer service somehow without using mail
I have used RT in past and that is why RT was my first thought. But
after reviewing RT4 demo at RT @ Easter-eggs I have
questions about what could I do with RT now.
- Could RT keep Address Book within itself with the ability for users
to modify contact information for people in it? Also I need RT to create
new contact every time when mail from unknown sender arrives.
- If answer for 1 is positive - could we split this Address Book by
groups of contacts (e.g. CustomerCompany1 which contains Contact1,
Contact2; CustomerCompany2 contains Contact3,… etc.)?
- If answer for 1 is positive - could we let RT user to pick up
necessary contacts from their groups when creating a new ticket instead
of prompting them in the field? Basically, when creating a new ticket,
user should fill address fields by himself and could make a mistake.
- If answer for 1 is positive - could we let RT user to edit address
fields when replying to the ticket without editing them in the textbox?
E.g., the use case for creating new ticket might be:
- select queue and click “new ticket”
- click “Address” button on the page and select requestors manually
from the Address Book, apply the selection. Selected contacts should
appear at the Requestors and Cc fields.