5.0.5 upgrade problems

I attempted to upgrade from 5.0.2 to 5.0.5 today. Downloaded the tarball and followed instructions per README and UPGRADE-5.0. Everything appeared to go smoothly, completed with no errors. Upon clearing the mason cache, restarting apache and reloading the web ui in my browser, I no longer could see the menu in the top bar. The search box and buttons and site logo were there, but no menu items. Tailing the apache error log showed several missing js libs.

At first I thought maybe the site static dir wasn’t being set correctly, so I manually set @StaticRoots in RT_SiteConfig.pm. When that still didn’t work, I looked in the /static dir and the files reported as missing indeed weren’t there. Missing files were referenced from /lib/RT/Squish/JS.pm and include:

• jquery-3.6.0.min.js
  • bootstrap.bundle.min.js
  • clipboard.min.js

These files also don’t appear to be in the tarball. sha256sum of the tarball matched that listed on the download page, so I know I don’t have an incomplete download. I don’t know if these missing js files are what is breaking the menu bar for me, but I expect getting those added back in would certainly help. If these files are missing, maybe others are.

Any advice on getting my installation up to date?

Thanks.
Seth

I unpacked the 5.0.5 tarball to double check and I’m seeing those files listed. Maybe you were looking in a different place?

$ ls share/static/js/ | grep min
Chart.min.js
bootstrap-select.min.js
bootstrap.bundle.min.js
chartjs-plugin-colorschemes.min.js
chosen.jquery.min.js
clipboard.min.js
d3.min.js
dropzone.min.js
fontawesome.min.js
jquery-3.6.0.min.js
jquery-ui.min.js
jquery.jgrowl.min.js
jquery.tablesorter.min.js
mousetrap.min.js
selectize.min.js
superfish.min.js
1 Like

Thanks for the sanity check. I inspected the tarball again and those files were indeed there. I re-extracted it and it was complete. I don’t know how it failed to fully extract last time, I didn’t notice any errors while doing so. But with a newly extracted tarball file tree, I reran make upgrade, cleared the mason cache, restarted apache, and refreshed my browser, and now everything appears to be working properly. No errors in the apache log now. Appreciate the help.

Seth