4.2.10 RT_SiteConfig.pem is locked?

rt

Here’s what I am trying to do. I currently have an RT test server on 4.2.10 on Ubuntu 14.04 with a second mysql server for the database. I am trying to upgrade to 18.04 and also get RT 4.4 installed. I am not the one who originally installed RT so I am having a bit of a hard time wrapping my brain around everything.

I am trying this 2 different ways. First I tried cloning the current server and database and upgrading from 14.04 to 16.04 as a first step, with the intention of going to 18.04 after. The clone of the 14.04 went well and I got Rt connected to the newly cloned database and the site ran perfectly.The upgrade to 16.04 went smoothly but when I try to hit the site I get the error above, although I’m not seeing anything in the logs. I’ve researched for hours and everything I found said that is usually an error associated with the database connection but I did not change any configs at all and it was previously working. I eventually gave up and tried a different approach.

Then I created an 18.04 server from scratch and another database clone, and copied the install and application files over. I ran make fixdeps and all of the dependencies got installed fine. Then I edited RT_SiteConfig.pem to add the new database clone and also edited the apache conf file for the new server. After I got everything set up, I went to the site address and am getting the exact same error that I got on the previous server, that the config file is locked.

Can anyone shed any light on this? I seem to me completely stuck.

Here’s a list of what I did:

sudo apt install libgnupg-interface-perl libcrypt-ssleay-perl libgd-perl libgraph-writer-graphviz-perl libapache2-mod-perl2 libssl-dev libz-dev libapache2-mod-fcgid

sudo perl -MCPAN -e shell

install CPAN LWP Term::ReadKey HTML::Element HTML::FormatText Net::LDAP Net::SSLeay

edit /ets/apache2/mods-available/fcgid.conf add line

FcgidMaxRequestLen 1073741824

cd /usr/local/src/rt-4.2.10

sudo make testdeps

sudo make fixdeps

copy over and change apache files to new URL

change database info in /opt/rt4/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pem

restart server

go to address and get error

This is most likely a permission issue on the file system RT is not able to access something

Then I created an 18.04 server from scratch and another database clone, and copied the install and application files over. I ran make fixdeps and all of the dependencies got installed fine. Then I edited RT_SiteConfig.pem t

Instead of copying the RT files can you grab a clean install of RT use those files, if it is a permissions issue you can also use the make fixdeps command from the unpacked RT directory.

Hi Craig, that was good advice! I downloaded the 4.2.16 installer and ran testdeps and fixdeps again. This installed another dependency that was not showing up in 4.2.10 when I ran those. Then I ran the install and I got past that error! Then I got a new one that I will start doing some research on.