3.4.0 showstoppers (for me, at least)

This is FreeBSD 5.3, Perl 5.8.6, Apache 2.0.52, mod_perl2 2.0.0r3,
HTML::Mason 1.28 (other package versions very current to FreeBSD ports
tree, and available on request if needed).

I’m using an existing RT 3.2.1 MySQL database (I saw no migration
notes), and RTFM 2.0.4 .

The two biggest problems I’ve hit so far are an inability to create
tickets through the web interface, illustrated by a “RT Error Ticket
could not be created due to an internal error” and the following
error_log entries:

[Wed Feb 9 07:08:39 2005] [crit]: RT::Attachment->Create couldn’t, as
you didn’t specify a transaction
(/usr/local/rt3/lib/RT/Attachment_Overlay.pm:146)
[Wed Feb 9 07:08:39 2005] [error]: Ticket couldn’t be created:
(/usr/local/rt3/lib/RT/Ticket_Overlay.pm:738)
[Wed Feb 9 07:08:39 2005] [error]: WebRT: Ticket could not be created
due to an internal error ()
(/usr/local/rt3/share/html/Elements/Error:76)

This error occurs whether or not an attachment is specified for the
ticket.

And an odd error while updating tickets. The owner can be changed,
either individually or in bulk. However, on a status change (either
individual or bulk), I am given

Bulk: http://vpr-webserver.tamu.edu/misc/rt_bulk_err.txt

Individual: http://vpr-webserver.tamu.edu/misc/rt_individual_err.txt

The first ticket of the bulk list, and the ticket being modified
individually both appear to have their status changed as appropriate
(I tested with Resolved and Deleted).

Has anyone seen similar, or have a clue? I’ve looked through the
archives since 3.4.0 came out, and don’t see anything likely.
Likewise, I’ve searched through the ht://dig archives without success.

Regards,
Jeff

If you didn’t update your database, you need to. Upgrade according to
the notes using sbin/rt-setup-database,

$(RT_SBIN_PATH)/rt-setup-database --dba $(DB_DBA)
–prompt-for-dba-password --action insert --datadir
etc/upgrade/

…you will need to run the above 3 times for action schema, acl, &
insert.

The upgrade dir is in the source distribution, update with 3.3.0 & then
upgrade the db with 3.3.11.On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 01:29 -0600, Jeff Bachtel wrote:

This is FreeBSD 5.3, Perl 5.8.6, Apache 2.0.52, mod_perl2 2.0.0r3,
HTML::Mason 1.28 (other package versions very current to FreeBSD ports
tree, and available on request if needed).

I’m using an existing RT 3.2.1 MySQL database (I saw no migration
notes), and RTFM 2.0.4 .

The two biggest problems I’ve hit so far are an inability to create
tickets through the web interface, illustrated by a “RT Error Ticket
could not be created due to an internal error” and the following
error_log entries:

[Wed Feb 9 07:08:39 2005] [crit]: RT::Attachment->Create couldn’t, as
you didn’t specify a transaction
(/usr/local/rt3/lib/RT/Attachment_Overlay.pm:146)
[Wed Feb 9 07:08:39 2005] [error]: Ticket couldn’t be created:
(/usr/local/rt3/lib/RT/Ticket_Overlay.pm:738)
[Wed Feb 9 07:08:39 2005] [error]: WebRT: Ticket could not be created
due to an internal error ()
(/usr/local/rt3/share/html/Elements/Error:76)

This error occurs whether or not an attachment is specified for the
ticket.

And an odd error while updating tickets. The owner can be changed,
either individually or in bulk. However, on a status change (either
individual or bulk), I am given

Bulk: http://vpr-webserver.tamu.edu/misc/rt_bulk_err.txt

Individual: http://vpr-webserver.tamu.edu/misc/rt_individual_err.txt

The first ticket of the bulk list, and the ticket being modified
individually both appear to have their status changed as appropriate
(I tested with Resolved and Deleted).

Has anyone seen similar, or have a clue? I’ve looked through the
archives since 3.4.0 came out, and don’t see anything likely.
Likewise, I’ve searched through the ht://dig archives without success.

Regards,
Jeff


http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

RT Administrator and Developer training is coming to your town soon! (Boston, San Francisco, Austin, Sydney) Contact training@bestpractical.com for details.

Be sure to check out the RT Wiki at http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Scott T. Hildreth shildret@scotth.emsphone.com

Just for the archives, this advice is absolutely correct to solving my
problem.

And now I will go back to slapping my forehead with palm.

Thanks,

JeffOn Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 08:51:08AM -0600, Scott T. Hildreth wrote:

If you didn’t update your database, you need to. Upgrade according to
the notes using sbin/rt-setup-database,

$(RT_SBIN_PATH)/rt-setup-database --dba $(DB_DBA)
–prompt-for-dba-password --action insert --datadir
etc/upgrade/

…you will need to run the above 3 times for action schema, acl, &
insert.

The upgrade dir is in the source distribution, update with 3.3.0 & then
upgrade the db with 3.3.11.