2 small issues with RT 5.0.1

Hey,

in my company we got 2 small issues with the current version of the RT. Maybe someone here can tell me how to fix them:

1. the HTML Editor while answering for Tickets. Here People would like to switch beteween HTML and plan text on spot, in stead of switching back and forth in the global preferences if necessary.

2. for our customfield “Customer” gets displayed as combobox while working on a ticket, but not in the search field. With sereval hundred customers in the list, it may take some time if you want to check up for a certain customer.

I aprecciate ideas how to solve those issues.

For this one I’d think you’d need to make some custom button in one of the RT menus that toggles the editor config for the current user. If you’re familiar with RT callbacks it should be pretty straight forward! Out of curiosity, why do users want to switch between editors?

for our customfield “Customer” gets displayed as combobox while working on a ticket, but not in the search field. With sereval hundred customers in the list, it may take some time if you want to check up for a certain customer.

This one isn’t quite clear to me, wouldn’t it make sense for the search result just to show the value of the select input?

You can achieve that by including more of the editor controls that are disabled by default. Make a copy of /opt/rt5/share/static/RichText/config.js into /opt/rt5/local/static/RichText/config.js and then edit the line starting config.removeButtons. You can either comment that out completely to get all the editor buttons, or just remove the button called “Source” from the list. Then flush your Mason cache, restart your web server, clear your web browser cache and give it a go. You should find the editor now has a “Source” button top right that toggles HTML view and off.

For the reasons, some here are a little puristic. But one college mentioned that he got really trouble at answering one ticket, which made him disable it globally. Sadly I don’t know the details.

this search function for the custom field is missing if you want to build a custom search.

That sounds much easier than the solution knation suggested. I will try that. Thanks!

/edit: I have done this, seems to work like a charm. :slightly_smiling_face: