__active__ including stalled tickets?

Hey all,
I just did a search:
Priority > 9 and Status = 'active
Five of the resulting tickets are stalled, but I thought active ignored
stalled tickets. Any idea why they’re appearing? Did I miss a setting or
something, or is this intended behavior? Thanks.
Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department
ahall@autodist.com

1 Like

Active is case sensitive, I believe.

-mOn Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 9:56 AM, Alex Hall ahall@autodist.com wrote:

Hey all,
I just did a search:
Priority > 9 and Status = 'active
Five of the resulting tickets are stalled, but I thought active ignored
stalled tickets. Any idea why they’re appearing? Did I miss a setting or
something, or is this intended behavior? Thanks.

Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department
ahall@autodist.com

Active is case sensitive, I believe.

I should have said that I tried capital and lowercase A in my searches,
along with making the word all caps. I keep getting the same result.

-m

Hey all,
I just did a search:
Priority > 9 and Status = 'active
Five of the resulting tickets are stalled, but I thought active
ignored
stalled tickets. Any idea why they’re appearing? Did I miss a setting or
something, or is this intended behavior? Thanks.

Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department
ahall@autodist.com

Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department
ahall@autodist.com

Hey all,

Hi Alex,

I just did a search:
Priority > 9 and Status = 'active
Five of the resulting tickets are stalled, but I thought active ignored stalled tickets. Any idea why they’re appearing? Did I miss a setting or something, or is this intended behavior? Thanks.

In RT’s default lifecycle, stalled is an active status, because it indicates there is more work to be done before the ticket can be resolved.


Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department
ahall@autodist.com mailto:ahall@autodist.com

Best,
Shawn

…and I see that Shawn has answered, too. Here is what I had to say:

“stalled” is an active status. I know the word feels “inactive”, but
according to the default lifecycle, it is active.

https://github.com/bestpractical/rt/blob/stable/etc/RT_Config.pm.in#L3034On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 10:07 AM, Alex Hall ahall@autodist.com wrote:

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 11:01 AM, Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe@d.umn.edu wrote:

Active is case sensitive, I believe.

I should have said that I tried capital and lowercase A in my searches,
along with making the word all caps. I keep getting the same result.

-m

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 9:56 AM, Alex Hall ahall@autodist.com wrote:

Hey all,
I just did a search:
Priority > 9 and Status = 'active
Five of the resulting tickets are stalled, but I thought active
ignored
stalled tickets. Any idea why they’re appearing? Did I miss a setting or
something, or is this intended behavior? Thanks.

Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department
ahall@autodist.com


Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department
ahall@autodist.com

Okay, I can see that. I was thinking of active/inactive as now, as in a
stalled ticket is inactive until someone un-stalls it. But from RT’s
perspective, it does make sense that a ticket not deleted or resolved is
still, in some way, active. I’ll have to adjust my crontool script too, or
people will get warnings about stalled tickets when I promised they
wouldn’t. Glad I checked!On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 11:12 AM, Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe@d.umn.edu wrote:

…and I see that Shawn has answered, too. Here is what I had to say:

“stalled” is an active status. I know the word feels “inactive”, but
according to the default lifecycle, it is active.

https://github.com/bestpractical/rt/blob/stable/etc/RT_Config.pm.in#L3034

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 10:07 AM, Alex Hall ahall@autodist.com wrote:

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 11:01 AM, Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe@d.umn.edu wrote:

Active is case sensitive, I believe.

I should have said that I tried capital and lowercase A in my searches,
along with making the word all caps. I keep getting the same result.

-m

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 9:56 AM, Alex Hall ahall@autodist.com wrote:

Hey all,
I just did a search:
Priority > 9 and Status = 'active
Five of the resulting tickets are stalled, but I thought active
ignored
stalled tickets. Any idea why they’re appearing? Did I miss a setting
or

something, or is this intended behavior? Thanks.

Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department
ahall@autodist.com


Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department
ahall@autodist.com

Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department
ahall@autodist.com

…and I see that Shawn has answered, too. Here is what I had to say:

“stalled” is an active status. I know the word feels “inactive”, but
according to the default lifecycle, it is active.

https://github.com/bestpractical/rt/blob/stable/etc/RT_Config.pm.in#L3034
An active status is one where you expect it to change: new, open, stalled.
An in-active status is one where you don’t, i.e. a “final resting
state”: rejected, resolved, deleted.

Jeff