Goal: Get RT 1.41 Tickets accessible/updatable on a Virtual Machine. I’ve found many options for upgrading/ but none seem easy.
My favorite solution would be to read the MySQL database directly and use the REST2 interface to Migrate the ~7000 tickets to RT 4.4.2. It looks like the REST2 Interface is designed for ongoing operations not importing. From what I’ve been able to gather from the docs and source even the API would not let me set LastUpdated (I always sort by LastUpdated Desc).
Any suggestions, Resources I might have missed, etc would be appreciated.
I apologize for my [obfuscating] my links but I’m a Trust Level 0 Discourse user.
We have been happily running RT 1.41 for 17 years now on the same OS version and same hardware box (parts of which dates to before 1998). We tried to virtualize the OS several years ago but could not get that version of Debian (3.0) to run as a VM.
Our RT use is very simple - Tickets (comments), Users, Queues.
RT-serialize -> RT-importer [RT 4 only?]
My best guess at a full upgrade RT/MySQL path:
Please note: this is only a guess!
- Install RT 2.0 (can this be run on the latest Debian OS?) https[colin-slash-slash]download.bestpractical[dot]com/pub/rt/release/rt-2-0-15.tar.gz
- Download import-1.0-to-2.0 (seems to be only available at Archive.org as it’s specifically not supported by Best Practical)
- Edit the configuration defaults in import-1.0-to-2.0
- Run import-1.0-to-2.0. [Uses direct access to MySQL database to import to new RT with the RT library calls.]
- Install RT-Extension-RT2toRT3-1.26 https[colin-slash-slash]metacpan[dot]org/source/FALCONE/RT-Extension-RT2toRT3-1.26
- mkdir DIRNAME
- rt-2.0-to-dumpfile DIRNAME
- Install RT3.8 (can this be run on the latest Debian OS?) : http[colin-slash-slash]download.bestpractical[dot]com/pub/rt/release/rt-3.8.0.tar.gz
- dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 DIRNAME [This seems to be a similar process to RT-importer]
- UPGRADING.mysql RT <3.8.0 or MySQL 4.0 to 4.1 (hopefully not needed?)
- Install RT 4.4.2
- rt-setup-database --action upgrade [code looks like it should be able to support upgrade from RT 3.1 or later]
I’m concerned about going through this process since there is no reference to importing the LastUpdated Ticket field in the import-1.0-to-2.0 code.
RT2 to RT3 via dumpfile