Upgrade to 3.6.6, queue tickets have broken links

Dear RT Users,

I have a couple problems so far after having upgraded to RT 3.6.6:
1 ) The BestPractical logo is a bad link:
img src=“//NoAuth/images//bplogo.gif”
2 ) If I click on a queue, all the tickets returned in that search are bad links like this:
a href=“//Ticket/Display.html?id=60428”

I was not at all involved in the old setup / config of RT and the person who was and who had done the previous upgrades in long gone so I know some of you will shudder when I talk about my setup and yes, I know I’m a harsh n00b and my predacessor more so, but here’s what we got:

Current / Old setup (the “live” setup) on an Fedora Core 1 box named “rt”. It is running RT 3.0.11 (yes, old) and it is configured to run as fast CGI under the subdirectory “rt”, so it is in http://rt/rt.

To move RT to a new server, I am also updating to 3.6.6 in the process. So the new setup is an RHEL 5 box named “rt-test”. It is supposed to be running 3.6.6 and configured with mod_perl and a VirtualHost instead of FastCGI (which was giving me a lot of grief).

To get where I got so far, I dumped the old db with mysqldump from the old server, pushed it on to the new server. Then unpacked the rt-3.6.6 tarball doing make testdeps and make install not using any files from the old installation as per the upgrade documentation. Then I just created a new RT_SiteConfig to taste, created the virtual host in Apache, and that’s where I got to.

So some things do work. I can login with my old user account, I can open tickets on my summary page. The pages seem to load pretty slow, but I think that is just because the browser is trying to pull a logo from “http://noauth/images//bplogo.gif”, hence, this is the first issue I noticed. For the other issue, if I just click any of the queues I have listed, the links for all the tickets are all just wrong. Any queue, any ticket. Yet if I search of one of the ticket numbers I see in the queue, I get redirected correctly.

What have I done wrong? Should I dump my mod_perl/virtual host config and try to get FastCGI working? Is there something I can fix in my SiteConfig?

Thanks in advance for any advice or direction,

Dominic Lepiane
Network Administrator
Point Grey Research
+1 604 730 9937 ext 283

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 12:34 PM
To: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: [rt-users] Upgrade to 3.6.6, queue tickets have broken links

Dear RT Users,

2 ) If I click on a queue, all the tickets returned in that
search are bad links like this:

… Snip

The answer was, naturally, PEBCAK. I had the WebPath set to “/” instead of “”.

However, I have noticed that many pages, like if I go to a specific ticket, still take a very long time to load. ~10s. This is a dual-Xeon-hyper-threaded 3.0 GHz box running RHEL 5 x86_64 with 4GB RAM, so opening a ticket should not take this long. What have I done wrong this time?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Dominic Lepiane

Dominic

Check your privileges. If you have allowed global groups (Everyone, 

Privileged) a lot of ticket ownership & modify privileges, that will
create a dramatic effect on how long it takes to load a ticket. I’ve
found that the more users that have privileges to tickets in a queue,
the longer it takes to load a ticket. Of course, it could also be some
DB thing as well.

Kenn
LBNLOn 4/9/2008 1:05 PM, Dominic Lepiane wrote:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 12:34 PM
To: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: [rt-users] Upgrade to 3.6.6, queue tickets have broken links

Dear RT Users,

2 ) If I click on a queue, all the tickets returned in that
search are bad links like this:

… Snip

The answer was, naturally, PEBCAK. I had the WebPath set to “/” instead of “”.

However, I have noticed that many pages, like if I go to a specific ticket, still take a very long time to load. ~10s. This is a dual-Xeon-hyper-threaded 3.0 GHz box running RHEL 5 x86_64 with 4GB RAM, so opening a ticket should not take this long. What have I done wrong this time?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Dominic Lepiane

The rt-users Archives

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com

We sortof have everything setup the way we want in terms of permssions and such so I don’t really want to cause too much havoc on that front.

As for the database side, we have made some changes like:

[mysqld]
set-variable = innodb_buffer_pool_size=2048M
set-variable = innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=512M

Yet still some queries seem to take a really long time. Using “show processlist” for mysql, I noticed these couple of queries running there at 18s:

1118 rt_user localhost rt3 Query 18 User lock SELECT GET_LOCK(‘Apache-Session-b9349177d4d8e96cac68dfde36a6e0e5’, 3600)
1119 rt_user localhost rt3 Query 18 Copying to tmp table SELECT DISTINCT main.* FROM Users main CROSS JOIN ACL ACL_4 JOIN Principals Principals_1 ON ( Princ

This seems to agree that the issue is related to permissions. Could this possibly be a deadlock problem or something like that? I’m really reaching now (in case you couldn’t tell)… Are there other tuning options I can change for the dbms or possibly other things like adding some other indexes?

Any troubleshooting advice at this point greatly appreciated.

Dominic Lepiane