Unusual scrip need

To all,

I have a need of a scrip that will take the CC adressees of an email 

and make them the “ticket” CC’s when the ticket is created via email.
Has anyone done this? Can anyone point me to an example or such a
scrip? I can write the part that recognizes an email “create”. I just
don’t know how to parse out the “cc” addressees. HELP! Thanks.

Kenn
LBNL

said:

I have a need of a scrip that will take the CC adressees of an email 

and make them the “ticket” CC’s when the ticket is created via email.
Has anyone done this? Can anyone point me to an example or such a
scrip? I can write the part that recognizes an email “create”. I just
don’t know how to parse out the “cc” addressees. HELP! Thanks.

Set($ParsenewMessageForTicketCcs, 1); in RT_SiteConfig.pm. You’ll want
to set $RTAddressRegexp as well so RT doesn’t add its own address as a
CC. http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/RTAddressRegexp

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/ParseNewMessageForTicketCcsOn Fri, May 1, 2009 at 1:00 AM, Ken Crocker kfcrocker@lbl.gov wrote:

To all,

I have a need of a scrip that will take the CC adressees of an email
and make them the “ticket” CC’s when the ticket is created via email.
Has anyone done this? Can anyone point me to an example or such a
scrip? I can write the part that recognizes an email “create”. I just
don’t know how to parse out the “cc” addressees. HELP! Thanks.

Kenn
LBNL


http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com

Best regards, Ruslan.

Nick,

I don't want this for ALL my queues, just one.

Kenn
LBNLOn 4/30/2009 2:07 PM, Nick Kartsioukas wrote:

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 14:00:18 -0700, “Ken Crocker” kfcrocker@lbl.gov
said:

I have a need of a scrip that will take the CC adressees of an email 

and make them the “ticket” CC’s when the ticket is created via email.
Has anyone done this? Can anyone point me to an example or such a
scrip? I can write the part that recognizes an email “create”. I just
don’t know how to parse out the “cc” addressees. HELP! Thanks.

Set($ParsenewMessageForTicketCcs, 1); in RT_SiteConfig.pm. You’ll want
to set $RTAddressRegexp as well so RT doesn’t add its own address as a
CC. http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/RTAddressRegexp

Ruslan,

I have over 80 Queues. I want this to work for just one Queue.

Kenn
LBNLOn 4/30/2009 2:07 PM, Ruslan Zakirov wrote:

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 1:00 AM, Ken Crocker kfcrocker@lbl.gov wrote:

To all,

I have a need of a scrip that will take the CC adressees of an email
and make them the “ticket” CC’s when the ticket is created via email.
Has anyone done this? Can anyone point me to an example or such a
scrip? I can write the part that recognizes an email “create”. I just
don’t know how to parse out the “cc” addressees. HELP! Thanks.

Kenn
LBNL


http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com

I have over 80 Queues. I want this to work for just one Queue.

You could create (and submit) a patch that allows this config option
to accept an arrayref of queues to enable this feature for. It should be
a relatively simple tweak to lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm

Cambridge Energy Alliance: Save money. Save the planet.

Jerrad,

HA! If I knew what that was and I was more than a beginner in perl, 

I might give it a try. I’m more of an Admin for RT that makes a few
simple changes in the form of scrips and templates (hence, my need for a
scrip). Nothing heavy. However, I’m great at clone & modify efforts ;-).
Thanks.

Kenn
LBNLOn 4/30/2009 2:47 PM, Jerrad Pierce wrote:

I have over 80 Queues. I want this to work for just one Queue.

You could create (and submit) a patch that allows this config option
to accept an arrayref of queues to enable this feature for. It should be
a relatively simple tweak to lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm

Just grep code for this option and hack a little.On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 1:40 AM, Ken Crocker kfcrocker@lbl.gov wrote:

Ruslan,

I have over 80 Queues. I want this to work for just one Queue.

Kenn
LBNL

On 4/30/2009 2:07 PM, Ruslan Zakirov wrote:

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 1:00 AM, Ken Crocker kfcrocker@lbl.gov wrote:

To all,

I have a need of a scrip that will take the CC adressees of an email
and make them the “ticket” CC’s when the ticket is created via email.
Has anyone done this? Can anyone point me to an example or such a
scrip? I can write the part that recognizes an email “create”. I just
don’t know how to parse out the “cc” addressees. HELP! Thanks.

Kenn
LBNL


http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com

Best regards, Ruslan.

Jerrad Pierce wrote:

I have over 80 Queues. I want this to work for just one Queue.

You could create (and submit) a patch that allows this config option
to accept an arrayref of queues to enable this feature for. It should be
a relatively simple tweak to lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm

I have a patch to do this, although it does take a different approach.

I wanted to allow this behaviour to be controlled by the Queue Admins in
the GUI since I don’t like having to change the config files and restart
the server. Basically it adds a check box to the Queue Admin Basiscs page
to allow a Queue admin to enable/disable features easily.

It includes the logic for setting InReplyTo and
ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs and could easily be expanded to allowing
setting other Boolean values.

I added a config variable, PerQueueGlobals, to enable this per queue
behaviour.

I haven’t shared this because it is based on some code I found somewhere
on the web and for the life of me I can no longer find the source to
reference :frowning:

Cheers, Jeff.

Jeff Fearn jfearn@redhat.com
Software Engineer
Engineering Operations
Red Hat, Inc

I can’t recall where in the code that gets used but it’s almost a
surefire scrip for the cutting and pasting (with a couple modifications).

Ken Crocker wrote:

Nick,

I don't want this for ALL my queues, just one.

Kenn
LBNL

said:

I have a need of a scrip that will take the CC adressees of an email 

and make them the “ticket” CC’s when the ticket is created via email.
Has anyone done this? Can anyone point me to an example or such a
scrip? I can write the part that recognizes an email “create”. I just
don’t know how to parse out the “cc” addressees. HELP! Thanks.

Set($ParsenewMessageForTicketCcs, 1); in RT_SiteConfig.pm. You’ll want
to set $RTAddressRegexp as well so RT doesn’t add its own address as a
CC. http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/RTAddressRegexp



http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com

Drew Barnes
Applications Analyst
Network Resources Department
Raymond Walters College
University of Cincinnati