I am having trouble figuring out how to trigger email sending from
with a custom scrip action. I’ve searched the wiki and list archives
but haven’t found enough information to figure out how to do this.
I have custom scrip action that runs in “Queue A” on an OnResolve
Condition. The scrip makes these changes to the ticket:
- Changes the queue to “Queue B” or “Queue C”.
- Changes the owner.
- Changes status from “resolved” to “new”
- Sets a custom field values
- Adds AdminCc and Cc watchers
- Adds links
I need to somehow configure RT to send email to the AdminCc and
Cc users after these are set in step 5. This email should only
be sent when this scrip runs – basically, it should be sent on
this ticket becoming a new ticket to “Queue B/C”.
I’ve thought of a number of approaches that won’t work:
- Send email on Queue change – won’t work because Queue change
has to happen before AdminCc change due to queue/group permissions.
- Send email on AdminCc change won’t work because other (manual)
AdminCc changes later would also trigger the email.
Is there some way to trigger an event or transaction during the
scrip whose sole purpose would be to trigger a separate scrip to
run from “Queue B/C” to send the email? How would I go about doing
I’m using RT 3.6.1 on debian with Apache 1.3 + mod_perl.